Completed Need 1+ feedback/review(s) from all of you!

Discussion in 'Community Reviews' started by Tommy M., Dec 14, 2016.

1. Tommy M.

Tommy M. Reputable

+4
    Site URL: ForumWeb.Hosting
    Date Opened: 2016-03-18
    Review Type: Basic Review (First Impressions and Site Structure)
    Extra Notes: Looking forward to reading thoughts/feedback from web designers, web hosting providers and all people on the forum.

2. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Package Team Member Package Team

+150
    Your Review is In Progress!

Thank you for requesting feedback. I have tagged your thread, and will finish an official basic review within at most 48 hours. In the meantime, you will receive informal feedback from other reviewers and members at Forum Promotion. Once your official basic review is completed, you will be free to ask questions and receive feedback so long as your website remains open. You will also be able to request a re-review 7 days after this Basic Review is completed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tommy M.

Tommy M. Reputable

+4
    Thanks @Frosty the Snowman I am looking forward to reading your reviews about our forum.

Hope to have your honest reviews and don't mind hearing your advice to help improving our forum.

4. Grimalkin

+150

Basic Review of ForumWeb Hosting
    http://forumweb.hosting/
    Review by Grimalkin

[​IMG] First Impressions:
    My first impression of your site is decent. There are some things I won't discuss here because they will be discussed in greater detail in the next part of the review so I will skip those parts. One thing that I will mention is I liked your banner/header on the main page. I liked the image you use as the "E" in the title. That is very clever when working something like that into the title or the banner/header. I think it actually goes along with the niche` on your site.

Average

[​IMG] Site Structure:
    Okay, when I click on the link, I'm directed to your home page. To me, the home page looks cluttered to me. It seems like all the things that you have on your home page is packed in too tightly and it feel very overwhelming. The only good thing is the navigation bar at the top of the home page to help me navigate your site and let me go where I want. When I scroll over the 'forum' in the navigation bar, I see that I can you have that broke down into sections. That makes things a lot easier, especially if it's a guest who is viewing your forum for the first time. Whether or not a site is easy to navigate, than can frustrate people and not want to look into your site anymore.

Average

Thing you liked best about forum: Love the banner/header.
    Thing you liked least about forum: Too crowded on the home page.

Overall Mark: [​IMG]
    I think your site has lots of potential. Whether your site will become great will depend on the hard work you put into it. I want to wish you and your site the best of luck in the future!​

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tommy M.

Tommy M. Reputable

+4
    Just curious what is decent on our forum http://forumweb.hosting/ in your mind?
    Why you like our forum banners? most people said that they hate banner ads on websites but you are liking banners on our forum, it is weird.
    I heard this many times, do you want me to change it to the default theme or traditional forum layouts?

6. Grimalkin

+150
    1) My first impression was decent because there were certain things I liked and certain things I didn't like. Mostly what I didn't like was mentioned in the part of the review where I discussed the "Site Structure".

2) Here, I'm not talking about the ads. I am actually using an ad blocker at the moment so I didn't really see those. I was talking about the header on your site with the title of your site in it. I just thought it looked very good for the type of site you have.

3) I prefer the traditional forum layout but that's just my preferences. I was just stating my personal & professional opinion in the review. Some people may agree with me while others may disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gio

Gio FP's Greek Ambassador Administrator Team Leader

+180
    Cash has been Deducted!

Thank you for using the Forum Promotion review service. We have deducted 100 FP$ from your account in exchange for conducting a Basic Review. You can request another review in 7 days.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tommy M.

Tommy M. Reputable

+4
    I think our forum ad could bypass ad blocker. Just curious what could you see from our forum homepage of http://forumweb.hosting/? Can you share a screenshot from your PC which you have seen on my forum ?

Thanks

9. Kaynil

Kaynil Editorial Team Leader Editorial Team Team Leader

+155
    Hey, Tommy M.

I am not sure how different your landing page renders for me from what @Grimalkin sees, but this is how it looks for me:
    [​IMG]
    I can clearly see your adverts (host X now top right banner, and a column of adverts in the right side panel), even with my adblocker active. In fact, when I deactivated it and reloaded the page I didn't notice a difference, so I think your adverts are getting through just fine, at least when it comes to uBlock and chrome.

I hope that helps. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grimalkin

+150
    The screenshot that @Kaynil provided is that exact some thing that I see when I look at your site. The adverts in the right side panel, is that what you meant when you were talking about the ads? I can clearly see those. I thought you were talking about something different when you mentioned the ads.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tommy M.

Tommy M. Reputable

+4
    Thanks for letting me know this, I thought it can be hid on your browser by any ad blockers.
    Just a quick question, do you thin it has many banner ads on my forum? I am going to stop offering banner ads at this time because felling it has so many there.

12. Kaynil

Kaynil Editorial Team Leader Editorial Team Team Leader

+155
    I think you do have many banner ads. The saving grace with your web is that the adverts are related so they, for the most part, blend. I do agree that it'd be wise not to add any more. Reducing the number a bit as the current deals expire should work. Another alternative could be using some sort of rotation rather than displaying everything all the time.