Advertise on FP | Staying Safe Online | FP Shop | FP Lottery
Sponsor Links: Funny Memes | Free Backlinks | Meme Generator | Funny Vines

Punk/Ska-Punk Music

Talk about all types of media here like music, TV, films and games.

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:04 am
Depends... what other genres you into?

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:25 am
Not a whole lot. A tadddd of mainstream newer rock, one metal band, and a few random ones.

Other than Punk and Ska.

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:30 am
Ah. Apart from Ska I also enjoy listening to some reggae, dub, dancehall, dubstep, and jazz. Maybe add some dark ambient in there as well.

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:32 am
I don't mind a little reggae and dub myself. >:3

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 pm
You know the band Scotty Dont? Pretty good music, same guys that tour as badfish.

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 pm
Nopeeee. Must check em out.

You know who you should try out, if you haven't already? Besides LTJ, Mustard Plug, you know what I'm talking about.

Super Poster

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:14 pm
DarkGizmo wrote:Huge punk fan here and from your list I like about 75% of it!

Bands i listen to religiously:
-NOFX
-Alkaline Trio
-Blink-182
-Misfits
-The Casualties
-Descendents
-Sublime
-Tied for Last (local punk band)
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Angels & Airwaves
-ALL
-Senses Fail

UHHH alot of those are not punk bands

Specifically RHCP,Misfits(they use to be in their early days),blink-182(these guys are that crap music known as pop-punk which is NOT PUNK), and alkaline trio.

@OP finally someone on the internet who listens to real punk. I love your list.

Here is a list of my favorite punk bands.

1. Rancid

2. The sex pistols

3. Bad Religon

4. A global threat

5. minor Threat

6. Black Flag

7. Bad Brains

8. 45 Grave (Horror Punk,but still love them)

9. Buzzcocks

10. Cheap Sex

and that is just some, I have alot more I listen too aswell.

RIP Kim Jong-il

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm
NBK*Twitch wrote:
DarkGizmo wrote:Huge punk fan here and from your list I like about 75% of it!

Bands i listen to religiously:
-NOFX
-Alkaline Trio
-Blink-182
-Misfits
-The Casualties
-Descendents
-Sublime
-Tied for Last (local punk band)
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Angels & Airwaves
-ALL
-Senses Fail

UHHH alot of those are not punk bands

Specifically RHCP,Misfits(they use to be in their early days),blink-182(these guys are that crap music known as pop-punk which is NOT PUNK), and alkaline trio.

Blink 182 is amazing music. Though RHCP are not in any way punk. NOFX is great, Casualties are ok, though I hated them when I saw them live.

Now accepting all FP$ donations above 50.00 FP$

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm
Anyone listen to The Jabbers? Punk band from Mass, famous for being the only band that featured GG Allin making good music, with the possible exception of The Carolina **** and Criminal Quartet.

Speaking of which, I think you just haven't heard any decent pop-punk, like The Queers. Not my favorite genre either but it's manageable from a band like that.

Lastly, anyone listen to The Juice Bros?

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 pm
To be fair the earliest stuff of Blink-182 does lean a lot more towards punk than pop. Even The Ramones have been considered "poppy".

RIP Kim Jong-il

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:43 am
New Found Glory is awesome pop-punk. Listen if you haven't already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfcLcDBII78

Now accepting all FP$ donations above 50.00 FP$

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 am
The Queers are poppunk and pretty good too

Super Poster

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:54 pm
Just to make it clear I do not hate pop-punk,I just think it is silly for it to be called pop punk... There is basically nothing punk about them or their music.

Now with that said I do ejoy bands like blink 182 bowling for soup and others.

Oh and I am not sure if anyone has heard of them,but OPM which is a ska punk band has some great songs. Heaven is a halfpipe and rolling are pretty good songs.

Super Poster

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:59 pm
I'm really getting into The Distillers at the moment!

Just bought some albums off Amazon from Distillers, Rancid, Uk Subs and Anti Nowhere League

\m/ The #1 forum & radio for Metal on the internet! Come and bang your head \m/

Successful Promoter

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:28 pm
I like this one ska remix of Whatever you like by TI

ImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Featured Sites Add your site here...

forum Soapbox
Welcome to Soapbox, my passion & labour of love. On this custom site, users can start debates, build their own audience, they can cheer or heckle as well as rant, and even employ a megaphone to be heard. Step up & Speak up!
Visit Site: Click Here
forum Tune Junkies
Come check out Tune Junkies, a music discussion community where you can Discover, Listen, and Discuss new music. Did we mention that you can earn free iTunes gift cards?
Visit Site: Click Here
Next topicPrevious topic