Advertise on FP | Staying Safe Online | FP Shop | FP Lottery
Funny Memes | Meme Generator | Spillit | Funny Vines | Christian Games

Punk/Ska-Punk Music

Talk about all types of media here like music, TV, films and games.

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:04 am
Depends... what other genres you into?

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:25 am
Not a whole lot. A tadddd of mainstream newer rock, one metal band, and a few random ones.

Other than Punk and Ska.

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:30 am
Ah. Apart from Ska I also enjoy listening to some reggae, dub, dancehall, dubstep, and jazz. Maybe add some dark ambient in there as well.

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:32 am
I don't mind a little reggae and dub myself. >:3

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 pm
You know the band Scotty Dont? Pretty good music, same guys that tour as badfish.

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 pm
Nopeeee. Must check em out.

You know who you should try out, if you haven't already? Besides LTJ, Mustard Plug, you know what I'm talking about.

Super Poster

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:14 pm
DarkGizmo wrote:Huge punk fan here and from your list I like about 75% of it!

Bands i listen to religiously:
-NOFX
-Alkaline Trio
-Blink-182
-Misfits
-The Casualties
-Descendents
-Sublime
-Tied for Last (local punk band)
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Angels & Airwaves
-ALL
-Senses Fail

UHHH alot of those are not punk bands

Specifically RHCP,Misfits(they use to be in their early days),blink-182(these guys are that crap music known as pop-punk which is NOT PUNK), and alkaline trio.

@OP finally someone on the internet who listens to real punk. I love your list.

Here is a list of my favorite punk bands.

1. Rancid

2. The sex pistols

3. Bad Religon

4. A global threat

5. minor Threat

6. Black Flag

7. Bad Brains

8. 45 Grave (Horror Punk,but still love them)

9. Buzzcocks

10. Cheap Sex

and that is just some, I have alot more I listen too aswell.

RIP Kim Jong-il

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm
NBK*Twitch wrote:
DarkGizmo wrote:Huge punk fan here and from your list I like about 75% of it!

Bands i listen to religiously:
-NOFX
-Alkaline Trio
-Blink-182
-Misfits
-The Casualties
-Descendents
-Sublime
-Tied for Last (local punk band)
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Angels & Airwaves
-ALL
-Senses Fail

UHHH alot of those are not punk bands

Specifically RHCP,Misfits(they use to be in their early days),blink-182(these guys are that crap music known as pop-punk which is NOT PUNK), and alkaline trio.

Blink 182 is amazing music. Though RHCP are not in any way punk. NOFX is great, Casualties are ok, though I hated them when I saw them live.

Now accepting all FP$ donations above 50.00 FP$

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm
Anyone listen to The Jabbers? Punk band from Mass, famous for being the only band that featured GG Allin making good music, with the possible exception of The Carolina **** and Criminal Quartet.

Speaking of which, I think you just haven't heard any decent pop-punk, like The Queers. Not my favorite genre either but it's manageable from a band like that.

Lastly, anyone listen to The Juice Bros?

FP Addict

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 pm
To be fair the earliest stuff of Blink-182 does lean a lot more towards punk than pop. Even The Ramones have been considered "poppy".

RIP Kim Jong-il

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:43 am
New Found Glory is awesome pop-punk. Listen if you haven't already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfcLcDBII78

Now accepting all FP$ donations above 50.00 FP$

I'm Banned!

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 am
The Queers are poppunk and pretty good too

Super Poster

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:54 pm
Just to make it clear I do not hate pop-punk,I just think it is silly for it to be called pop punk... There is basically nothing punk about them or their music.

Now with that said I do ejoy bands like blink 182 bowling for soup and others.

Oh and I am not sure if anyone has heard of them,but OPM which is a ska punk band has some great songs. Heaven is a halfpipe and rolling are pretty good songs.

Super Poster

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:59 pm
I'm really getting into The Distillers at the moment!

Just bought some albums off Amazon from Distillers, Rancid, Uk Subs and Anti Nowhere League

Image Image Image

Successful Promoter

says...
Re: Punk/Ska-Punk MusicRe: Punk/Ska-Punk Music Post Posted » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:28 pm
I like this one ska remix of Whatever you like by TI

ImageImageImage

PreviousNext

Featured Sites Add your site here...

forum Tune Junkies
Tune Junkies is the ultimate music discussion website. Come partake in our in-depth discussions, giveaways, and earn gifts with our point system. Please join, you won’t regret it.
Visit Site: Click Here
forum Chilled Echoes
Chilled Echoes is a community founded upon the old ideals of fun friendship and good times for all and is built on an active friendly community.If you want to see for yourself then head on over and say hello.We won't bite... much.
Visit Site: Click Here
Next topicPrevious topic