Advertise on FP | Staying Safe Online | FP Shop | FP Lottery
Sponsor Links: Funny Memes | Meme Generator | Zadoxis | Funny Vines | Flat Icons

Do you still prefer CDs over paid to download MP3s (iTunes)

Talk about all types of media here like music, TV, films and games.
Forum Junkie

Yes, I prefer Music CDs which are DRM RootKit free since they seem like a better deal if you plan on buying all the songs, or buying used, or discounted CDs in the Discount section at stores.

I also get a nice plastic box with cover art, pictures, cards, lyrics, videos inside the CD, photos, and stickers,

I also like that I can convert the songs from CDs to any format like MP3, Flac, OGG, WMA, WAV, etc and Bitrate like 320, 192, 128 Kbps, and have no DRM "Digital Rights Management" software embedded in the WMA and other formats which restrict you on how many devices you can play the song back on, and what operating systems the songs work on since DRM does not work on some MP3 players, and operating systems.

FP Addict

I don't think I own any CD's to be honest. I download most of my music from iTunes or listen to music and talks shows on the radio.

Super Poster

I do prefer to have the cd if I can get it.

RIP Kim Jong-il

froggyboy604 wrote:I also like that I can convert the songs from CDs to any format like MP3, Flac, OGG, WMA, WAV, etc and Bitrate like 320, 192, 128 Kbps, and have no DRM "Digital Rights Management"
You can do that with a 100% FLAC rip, with .log and .cue files. Also, why would you ever convert something to 128 (except for use on a portable MP3 player)???

That said, I only buy CDs if:
They're really cheap - I got a grab bag from a record label on 11.11. $11 (+$4 S&H) for 11 (not so) random titles. I didn't get anything I already had, and got some CDs of bands I've been meaning to check out. I could also sell them individually for a nice profit, but I'm not going to do that. A band at Warped tour was selling CDs (it was an EP) for $1 each, and it was a band I liked, so I bought a couple.

They're OOP - If the price is right, I even get duplicates. I have two copies of a demo CD of a fairly popular (latest release peaked at #10 on Billboard 200) 2000's metal band, because each copy was poorly advertised on ebay, and I got them at steal prices.

I'm at a concert and the band is going to autograph it right there - I've done it multiple times, and the money literally flies out of my wallet. Bands, this is the ultimate gimmick to get people to buy a CD. A tee shirt I usually won't get autographed if I intend to wear it, and I don't wear CDs.

Now accepting all FP$ donations above 50.00 FP$

FP Addict

Yes.

"I also get a nice plastic box with cover art, pictures, cards, lyrics, videos inside the CD, photos, and stickers."

This. And since I buy my CDs online at Amazon and eBay, it's cheaper almost always to get the CD anyways.

On top of that, I can get money reselling them later if I no longer want them.

Forum Junkie

Good points, if you manage to get a Band member or the lead singer of the band to autograph a CD it can be worth a more money when sold on eBay, or a really cool CD to own since autograph CDs are cooler since they are rare, and have sentimental/emotional value to fans.

If I was at a concert, and a band or singer I like was selling CDs and signing them for fans. I be more likely to buy a CD because of the autograph.

I bought a few inexpensive CDs on Amazon which cost less in stores.

I'm Banned!

I prefer vinyls

RIP Kim Jong-il

Gimgak wrote:I prefer vinyls

I actually see CDs going the way that vinyls are right now, mostly as a collector's item. Though I know quite a few people that have turn tables and listen to vinyl.

Regular Promoter

I really prefer CD's as I can listen to them at home, take them in the car, or anywhere else I want

http://WebmasterInformer.com is devoted to webmasters, SEO, affiliate marketing, web hosting, and internet marketing professionals of the world. Join Today!

Forum Junkie

A lot of older cars, and cheaper old car stereos still don't come with a way for you to plug a MP3 player into it.

Although, there are some cars stereos which can play MP3 CDs which are CDs which are CDs with MP3s burned to them, or the car stereo has a line-in cable jack which lets you play songs from your MP3 player connected to your car stereo.

I like CDs as well for the same reason you mention. Having the ability to play them almost anywhere since most houses have at least 1 CD player, or a DVD player, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, or other electronic which can also play CDs.

RIP Kim Jong-il

froggyboy604 wrote:A lot of older cars, and cheaper old car stereos still don't come with a way for you to plug a MP3 player into it.

Aha!

Successful Promoter

I definitely prefer cds. As some of you have said...you get the cd, cover, lyrics, photo art,etc.
Plus with the cd, I do feel like I actually own it instead of downloading off itunes or whatever.
CDs are always cheap.......$20 or less for a cd and most of them are 10-15$.
I don't know why people download illegally. Just go out and buy the cd to support your favorite artists. Not hard to do and you won't get busted.

FP Addict

Spikey wrote:CDs are always cheap.......$20 or less for a cd and most of them are 10-15$.

You can get them used on Amazon for $3-8, usually.

Successful Promoter

Xuan Zhongda wrote:
Spikey wrote:CDs are always cheap.......$20 or less for a cd and most of them are 10-15$.

You can get them used on Amazon for $3-8, usually.

I usually never buy stuff used. I like to buy new.

I'm Banned!

I'll pirate stuff but I'll still buy the physical copy if I get a deal or know the artist gets cash, I just would rather not support most record labels. I'll support Asian Man Records though, they kick ass and all their CDs are like $8 since they don't want to rip people off haha.

Next

Featured Sites Add your site here...

forum We Are The Walking Dead
Need your Walking Dead fix during the off-season? We're a forum dedicated to everything The Walking Dead! We offer in depth discussion a variety of other shows as well + we have a roleplay!
Visit Site: Click Here
forum Tune Junkies
Come check out Tune Junkies, a music discussion community where you can Discover, Listen, and Discuss new music. Did we mention that you can earn free iTunes gift cards?
Visit Site: Click Here
Next topicPrevious topic