Advertise on FP | Staying Safe Online | FP Shop | FP Lottery
Funny Memes | Meme Generator | Spillit | Funny Vines | Christian Games

[Completed] Medium for Chaterrific

Completed and Rejected reviews are moved in here.
FP Regular

says...
Medium for ChaterrificMedium for Chaterrific Post Posted » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm
Name of Site: Chaterrific
Site Link: http://chaterrific.com/
Type of Review ( Small/Medium/Large/Website/Blog ): Medium
Date Site Opened: 20-01-2012
Demo Account for Reviewer (Forums Only): Reviewer / review123
Additional Notes: Would appreciate if you could send a PM after the review account is not needed anymore so I can remove it. Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

says...
Re: Medium for ChaterrificRe: Medium for Chaterrific Post Posted » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:03 pm
Accepted!

Thank you for requesting a Forum Promotion review. You will have your review completed in Less than 48 hours. If you have any questions regarding your review, feel free to ask me. While you are waiting on your review, why don't you look around the forum! After your review is finished, please rate your reviewer on how they did Here.

Thank you for using the Forum Promotion Review Service,
Review Team

If you need to contact me, do so via Skype: tindris.evony

FP Regular

says...
Re: Medium for ChaterrificRe: Medium for Chaterrific Post Posted » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:07 pm
Any update on the progress so I know when I can expect it to be done?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

says...
Re: Medium for ChaterrificRe: Medium for Chaterrific Post Posted » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Medium Forum Review

First Impressions

I get a great first impression from your forum, everything is nice and clean and I am immediatly drawn to your logo which combines two colours and fonts very well. The whole forum looks nice and sleek, providing me with a good overview. My line of view is strongly pulled to the menu as the text is uppercase. I don't really feel that uppercase text is the best choice here, at least not as large as it currently is. I would suggest either changing the letters to lowercase or lowering the font size a few notches. I feel that the logo could be slightly bigger so that it takes a bit more space and gets rid of any emptiness that may appear on larger screens. The register now button stands out clearly too which is a really good way of getting new members. I find it a slight shame that there is no difference at all when I log in, I would like to see something a little more exciting. I do feel welcome when visiting your site, but it still lacks the wow-factor. It lacks something that makes the site unique, something that would make me join your site instead of a larger site with the same niche. Work on wowing me and if you manage this, there is nothing that would stop me joining.

Appearance

I really like the way you use the pink and blue together in the logo. This is something you don't often see as these colours are quite hard to get to work together but you have managed. As you have found something that works very well I feel you could use it more in the theme. You have only used the blue on the rest of the forum, maybe blending them with eachother on the section titles or even in the footer would help to tie the theme together more as in some ways it feels like nearly two themes, one on the header and menu and one on the main board, I hope that makes sense. You could also make more use of the colours in the board markers, such as having the same coloured image as in the favicon for un-read posts, this goes for the logo image too. In some ways it feels like each element of the board is floating on his own, even if they are aligned. A small border with a slight change of colour on the background to help frame the whole board in a little more would do wonders for the view. The footer area lacks colour, something that attracts a little more attention. Simply having a few images and a colour code for staff member positions would be enough. As I already mentioned the main navigation menu needs some work too.

Ratios

You claim that the forum opened only 5 days ago and has already gained 700 posts. At first I suspected that you had used a database to start off your forum, but after browsing the forum I was un-able to locate any older posts. If you have gained these posts in this small space of time then I am very impressed, this gives you an average of over 100 posts a day which is more than anyone can ask for for this new forum. You don't however, according to your board posts, have 700 posts which again makes me suspect database or a lot of staff posts. This has me wondering, but there is a lot of daily activity so I am not going to critisize you too much. There is a pretty good spread of posts around the forum, all boards are being used well and have a decent amount of posts in them. It is very nice to see that the forum games section doesn't have the most posts in it. You have 1 admin and 1 moderator, which is completely fine. Obviously you as an admin can manage on your own but it is always nice to have a staff member that can take over if you can't get online one day. You have around 130 posts and your moderator has around 70, this is a good amount as it doesn't overwhelm the amount of posts made by your members, but at the same time it isn't too little. You have a good amount of boards, here you just need to continue the way you are going, but no more merging databases.

All posts in all sections are on-topic which is very good, it is great to see a well managed forum. The posts I read were all well written and of quite a good quality. A large amount of the posts were similar to threads I have read on other forums which I find a real shame, I would much rather see more unique content that discusses things I haven't already read 4 discussions about on 4 other forums. Especially the debate section impresses me, the debates are well driven with good arguments without any banter or personal insults. I don't like seeing moderation done in threads though, if a user has done something wrong then get rid of the thread and PM them instead, it looks much more professional this way. The spelling and grammar in the posts is not always perfect, I would like to see a higher quality here, but it does seem to be the same memebers that are having these issues.

Content

Content wise I find your board descriptions to be the main issue, they are very short and I find a couple a bit mis-leading. First off you should always aim to make each board description 2-3 sentences long and containing information on what the board is for. There shouldn't be any rules or guidelines of any sort in the descriptions and they should feel inviting not commanding. You have a section called Creative Studio, the board description being "Share your creative creations with the rest of the community". This makes me think Graphics Show-off section, but when viewing the section I see it contains normal graphic discussion. This is an example of a very mis-leading board description. Many people rush through their board descriptions, which can lose a lot of members. I was un-able to locate any rules on your forum, does that mean it is ok to do whatever you want? A sticky announcement is all that it takes, but when moderating the forum then you have something to referr to if a member was to cause a problem or complain. The announcements are very well written with good grammar and spelling.

Final Remarks
I appologise for a slight delay in the review, my internet wouldn't co-operate with me. That aside, you have a great start to a forum here, with a little bit of work on the fine details then I believe this forum can do very well. You should write up some rules and guidelines for the forum straight away and put some time into your board descriptions. A few small tweaks to the forum theme and working on creating something that is unique to your forum is a good long term plan. All in all a great forum that with dedication and will will do well.

After reading your review, please click here to rate your review.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

says...
Re: Medium for ChaterrificRe: Medium for Chaterrific Post Posted » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 pm
Cash Deducted!

Thank you for using our Review Service. Your FP Cash has been deducted, and payment for this service has been received.

If you have not already done so, and would like to give feedback on our services after reading your forum review, you may do so by

Clicking Here!

Here is the code for linking to your review.

UBBC
Code: Select all
[url=http://forumpromotion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=83922][/url]

HTML
Code: Select all
<a href="http://forumpromotion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=83922" target="_blank"></a>

Featured Sites Add your site here...

forum InfuzedAds
Buy and sell ads with ease! InfuzedAds is a steadily growing advertising marketplace, allowing advertisers to connect with direct publishers. No more hassles! No more problems! Make the choice and join IA today! Plus it's FREE!
Visit Site: Click Here
forum The Game Zone
We are Gamers united by our love for games. We play a lot of different games and most likely we have a favorite game. Come join us here at The Game Zone where you can discuss your favorite games in a community of other gamers.
Visit Site: Click Here
Next topicPrevious topic