Read or submit your graphics tutorials here.
byiGimp
Ashish92 wrote:yes just like frames work in videos layers work in animations.

Only problem that i face in GIMP is i can't find any way to enter custom time interval between frames.

For example if i need 100 millisecond time interval between frame 1 & 2 & 200 millisecond time between frame 2 & 3 then i will have to repeat frame 2 twice because the time interval is constant for every frame (there is only one value that we can select.)

yes you can - rename the layer to whatever but at the end put (150ms) or whatever so i could have

Layer 1 (150ms)
Layer 2 (4535ms)
etc.
byShahrier
#531931 Ashish: all you have to do is duplicate however much.

For example.

duplicate layers 1 and 2 three times and duplicate 4 and 5 ten times
byRok
dotDavid wrote:
Rok wrote:You use layers to make animations with GIMP.

Graphics editors use frames to create animation.

Indeed. Layers are the same thing as frames when making a gif.
byiGimp
Shahrier wrote:Ashish: all you have to do is duplicate however much.

For example.

duplicate layers 1 and 2 three times and duplicate 4 and 5 ten times

Or you could do this
iGimp wrote:
Ashish92 wrote:yes just like frames work in videos layers work in animations.

Only problem that i face in GIMP is i can't find any way to enter custom time interval between frames.

For example if i need 100 millisecond time interval between frame 1 & 2 & 200 millisecond time between frame 2 & 3 then i will have to repeat frame 2 twice because the time interval is constant for every frame (there is only one value that we can select.)

yes you can - rename the layer to whatever but at the end put (150ms) or whatever so i could have

Layer 1 (150ms)
Layer 2 (4535ms)
etc.

Ashish92 wrote:hmm never thought of doing that :P
thanks +repped :)

Thanks!
byDark Takua
Ashish92 wrote:it's because .gif images use indexed colors so glows etc. come out very weird in it.

options of styling are much limited to suit indexed colors.

How do I fix it?
byAshish92
#531992 @ Shahrier - yes duplicating is what i do at present in my animations when i want different time intervals.

@ - Dark - there's no solution that i know because .gif's only handle indexed colors so the images shud be kept simpler.
byd3wlin
#532051 Wow, surprised that there are so many GIMP users. :cheer: I have a newly launched forum dedicated to this powerful program over at GimpForums.com. Personally, I use GIMP mainly for my web design needs. Looks like I'll have to create some tutorials, including tutorials about animation in GIMP.
bykevinkeegan2121
#831167 Some programs won't let them work on it, so always have two copies of something. It produce one a "work-on" copy in the GIMP, this is called a .xcf file, name it the same only put something like "workon" at the end so they don't get confused.