Advertise on FP | Staying Safe Online | FP Shop | FP Lottery
Funny Memes | WebsiteBrokr | Tattoo Ideas | Nerdie Media | Christian Games

Best way to save PNG's?

Read or submit your graphics tutorials here.

says...
Best way to save PNG's?Best way to save PNG's? Post Posted » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:04 am
Well, I have been using photoshop for quite some time...and everytime I save the images... I choose "interlaced" but I thought that was the best way to save images... until I was messing around with images, by saving the original PNG's as BMP and discovered that the images that I pieced together with photoshop are now "exposed" and looks messy.

So, what is the best way to save PNG's? :confused: :shrug:

Active Promoter

says...
Re: Best way to save PNG's?Re: Best way to save PNG's? Post Posted » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:35 pm
I don't even touch these settings.

But it depends on the host when you upload. I know i have a hoster who hates PNG and gifs. I keep non-interlaced setting.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

says...
Re: Best way to save PNG's?Re: Best way to save PNG's? Post Posted » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 am
I just go Save as... and then save it as a .png. It depends on the project though. Most things are within the 800*800 pixel range, so it wouldn't matter too much, unless you have many large layers.

Regular Promoter

I personally don't go interlaced. If it's not broken, don't fix it :)

Super Poster

says...
Re: Best way to save PNG's?Re: Best way to save PNG's? Post Posted » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 pm
VampiricPadraig wrote:I personally don't go interlaced. If it's not broken, don't fix it :)

Unless you want something to do than break it.

says...
Re: Best way to save PNG's?Re: Best way to save PNG's? Post Posted » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 pm
Thanks for the feedback, now I know what to do.

New Roots

says...
Re: Best way to save PNG's?Re: Best way to save PNG's? Post Posted » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:01 am
Also depends on the type of image. Transparent looking images go better with png then say gif for example. Png also uses more resources than gif though so be aware.

Mass Promoter

says...
Re: Best way to save PNG's?Re: Best way to save PNG's? Post Posted » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 am
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S is what I use when saving PNG's.

Featured Sites Add your site here...

forum ForumSpark
Advertisement / Admin board. Win 100USD !
Visit Site: Click Here
forum The Dumpload
A general chat forum with no limits to discussion. Our friendly member base has been rapidly growing in under a month. A wide range of features on the way such as a forum government, forum shop, text based RPG game and many more.
Visit Site: Click Here
Next topicPrevious topic