Advertise on FP | Staying Safe Online | FP Shop | FP Lottery
Funny Memes | Meme Generator | Spillit | Funny Vines | Password Generator

Animation in GIMP (Tutorial)

Read or submit your graphics tutorials here.
Super Poster

says...
Animation in GIMP (Tutorial)Animation in GIMP (Tutorial) Post Posted » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:06 pm
Hi guys, today I'm going to be showing you how to animate in GIMP. We will be making this:

So first off, open your canvas, I chose 300x100, and type your text.

On a new layer, type some more text.

And again, more text on a new layer.

You have made a very simple animation just now! To view your animation go to Filters>Animation>Playback and press play. This is what it should look like:

Is this animation too fast or what? Of course it's too fast. To make your animation slower, you can duplicate the layers or even better, just rename the layer to have numbers in ms. Ex. (1000ms)

Your animation should now look like this:

Now I will be showing you a text effect with GIMP Animation. First, put your text in the image.

Duplicate that image 5 times so you have 6 copies. On the bottom layer, go to Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur - 5 Hor 5 Ver. Do the same for the next 4 layers except decrease the Hor and Ver numbers each time. Ex. Layer 1 - 5/5 Layer 2 - 4/4 Layer 3 - 3/3 etc.

Leave the last copy as is. The effect that you should get is a blur and then it comes in to focus. In my animation below, I did something wrong so I didn't get the desired effect. Still, I hope this tutorial helps.

Thanks! Any questions you have just ask below.

Active Promoter

Thank you! Worked like a charm for me!

Super Poster

No problem :)

Glad to help.

Featured Sites Add your site here...

forum Milkacrea
In the earth region, there are two species: Human and Milkacrea. For years, the human species capture Milkacrea and use them for battle, reputation and whatsoever purposes.. What will the future of Milkacrea hold? What will you do?
Visit Site: Click Here
forum Chilled Echoes
Chilled Echoes is a community founded upon the old ideals of fun friendship and good times for all and is built on an active friendly community.If you want to see for yourself then head on over and say hello.We won't bite... much.
Visit Site: Click Here
Next topicPrevious topic