Thank you for taking the time to read our guidelines; it should only take a few minutes of your time. Forum Promotion is a free resource for users wishing to promote forums, websites or blogs. Over the years, we have become one of the biggest promotion forums out there. We've also got a great community of forum administrators, designers, coders, gamers, chatters, etc.; so we're certain that you'll find something on Forum Promotion that interests you. Our goal is to create a pleasant atmosphere for all of our users. We want everyone to have fun and enjoy himself or herself on Forum Promotion.
However, while we definitely want everyone to be able to participate on Forum Promotion, using this board is a privilege that is granted under the assumption that you agree to follow our board guidelines. In addition to these board-wide guidelines, many individual forums have special guidelines that also must be followed; please be sure to read them if you plan to use those forums. Additionally, please be sure to check these guideline threads for updates regularly.
Without further adieu, here are our board guidelines!
- Common sense should always be used when participating in Forum Promotion. Our staff members reserve the right to remove posts that they feel violate our guidelines or that they feel is illegal or not suitable. We will usually let you know via private message if we edit, move or delete your post/topic; however, if it was not a serious breach, we may not notify you due to the large amount of moderating we perform.
- The spelling and grammar in your posts are not required to be perfect, but your posts should be readable. We realize that not everyone on this forum is a native speaker of the English language, and we will be fairly lenient on this rule. However, we do not look kindly upon excessive text talk or chat speak. Additionally, please do not make posts simply to correct a user's spelling and/or grammar. We view these as rude and unnecessary.
- Spammy and/or rude posts are not welcome. Please ensure that your posts contribute positively to the topic at hand. When bumping topics, please do not simply post, "Bump." You can provide updates on the topic that you are bumping instead (e.g. updated statistics when bumping your advertising topics). Additionally, if your post is made simply to bash someone or cause trouble, it will be removed. When commenting on another person's creations, please ensure that you are being constructive rather than negative.
- Posting links in off-topic areas is acceptable if the links are relevant to the topic at hand. Posting links to your site or affiliate links in off-topic areas is not allowed.
- Bumping is allowed every forty-eight (48) hours in all sections unless otherwise stated. If you repeatedly bump your topics too soon, we may lock your topics or revoke your access to certain forums. You may also not use "tag-team" bumping (i.e. have another person reply to your topic so that you can bump it) to get around the forty-eight hour rule.
- Affiliate links may only be posted in the proper section of our Promotion Directory.
- Misleading links/images are not allowed. Please do not trick people into clicking links to your site or affiliate links. Additionally, Forum Promotion is not a shock site. Linking to shocking or excessively vulgar images or videos is not permitted.
- Swearing and other inappropriate language are not permitted on Forum Promotion. We also frown upon excessive censored swearing. Please make sure that all posts are suitable for a thirteen (13) year old age group.
- Pirated or nulled software, torrents, etc. may not be posted or discussed on Forum Promotion. While we recognize that using torrent clients is legal unless copyrighted material is downloaded, we still prefer that users do not discuss them. This includes posting tutorials on how to use them. Additionally, sites related to piracy may not be promoted here.
- Personal or identifying information such as your address or phone number should not be posted on Forum Promotion. In addition to reading these guidelines, please read the guidelines we have posted on staying safe online (from BBC).
- We are always open to opportunities to improve Forum Promotion and your suggestions and feedback are most welcome and appreciated. However, topics and posts made with the sole intention of insulting or damaging our community are not welcome and will be removed.
- We do not allow the promotion of sites owned by members banned from the FP Community.
- We do not allow links to or promotion of sites that have content related to religious hatred, violence, racial intolerance or any other type of hate sites.
- If you suspect that a site being promoted here is using nulled software, please report that site to the the relevant software provider. Please do not publicly accuse sites of using nulled software, unless you own the software in question and have proof that it is being used in breach of your copyright.
Account & Miscellaneous Guidelines
- Multiple accounts are not acceptable. Please make one account and stick to it. Switching accounts may be allowed in special circumstances with the permission of an administrator. Any reputation, forum cash, etc. that is obtained from the use of multiple accounts will be removed. In extreme cases, all of your accounts may be banned from Forum Promotion. If you are using the same computer or IP as another member, please contact us prior to signing up to prevent any potential issues arising.
- Proxies may not be used on Forum Promotion under any circumstances. While we realize that proxies do have some legitimate uses, they make it harder to identify banned users. Accounts created using proxies will be banned.
- Signatures must be 650x150 pixels or smaller. Repeatedly violating this rule may result in loss of your signature or privileges to change your signature.
- Avatars must be within the size limit and may not contain inappropriate material. Inappropriate avatars will be removed without warning.
- Private messages and profile comments may not be used to advertise your website or forum. Full guidelines for using the private messaging system can be found here. If you receive a PM that violates these rules, please report it. Private messages cannot be used until a user makes ten posts.
- Freedom of speech rights do not apply on Forum Promotion. We value your opinions, but please be sensible. We do not allow personal attacks or libellous statements. Please respect your fellow users and our staff members. Harassment is taken very seriously on Forum Promotion. If you don't have anything nice to say, then sometimes it's better not to say anything at all.
- Backseat moderation is not appreciated. If you see a post that breaks the rules, then please simply report it. We appreciate that you want to help, and you can help us by reporting posts that break the rules; when users try to solve problems themselves, it often causes problems and arguments.
- FP Cash may not be traded for real cash. Any FP Cash that is traded for real cash will be removed.
- Reputation may not be bought, sold or traded. Reputation is there to show users who is trustworthy, and abuse of the system is not allowed.
- Complaints about a specific staff member should always be handled via PM. If you have a complaint regarding a specific team member, you may contact the leader of his/her respective team. If you are complaining about a team leader, then you should contact an administrator.
Remember that these rules are not set in stone and are subject to change at any time!
We hope that you will abide by the rules and that no action will be necessary to oblige you to comply with them. However, if you do step outside our guidelines, you will be subject to our moderation policy.
- Minor offenses will result in a reminder from a community team member or administrator.
- Serious or repeated offenses will result in an official warning or loss of privileges. You may also be added to our moderation queue (where all of your posts would need to be approved by a community team member or administrator before becoming visible to other users).
- Extreme offenses may result in a temporary or permanent ban.
Community team members, team leaders and administrators reserve the right to lock, move, delete, split, merge or edit posts or topics at their discretion. Don't worry, though; if we do any of these things, there will be a good reason for it.
If your topic or post was moved or deleted without notice, you are more than welcome to PM the community team leader or an administrator for more information. In most situations, though, you will receive notice from the team member who performed the action.