2017 Official Bracket & Off-Topic Chat

Just Kevin

Familiar Face
Mar 25, 2017
FP$
So @John are we going to get an explanation of what rules WWEF broke to be disqualified?
The only two rules that WWEF could have broken are these:
  • You may NOT create multiple accounts or pay other to create multiple accounts for you. If you or your members create duplicate accounts to vote in SBM, they will face a disqualification from the tournament and further moderation action.
  • All members MUST have 10 posts before voting in a poll. If your website continuously refers members here who do not follow our Board-Wide Guidelines, your forum will risk disqualification from the tournament.
Agreed, but releasing a notification of which rule was broken along with proof that the rule was broken would be the correct thing to do here.. not just say a forum was disqualified without explanation.

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess
Agreed, but releasing a notification of which rule was broken along with proof that the rule was broken would be the correct thing to do here.. not just say a forum was disqualified without explanation.
I am sure that John felt that it would be unprofessional to disclose the exact nature of the violation in public. Solidus, as the owner of the board, will likely be able to fill you in.

John

Madly Diligent
Dec 11, 2014
America
FP$
So @John are we going to get an explanation of what rules WWEF broke to be disqualified?
Not publicly, no. I feel as if that would create an unnecessary amount of drama. We normally do our best to attempt to keep this sort of thing under wraps, because moderation issues shouldn't be public. Solidus was informed of the exact violation, however, and it's his choice if he'd like to tell anyone.

Not publicly, no. I feel as if that would create an unnecessary amount of drama. We normally do our best to attempt to keep this sort of thing under wraps, because moderation issues shouldn't be public. Solidus was informed of the exact violation, however, and it's his choice if he'd like to tell anyone.
If I was in that spot of having my end been removed or out then I wouldn't want it to be public myself. Did you check for others on all battles?

Reverie

Seasoned Veteran
Mar 10, 2014
Texas
atriumforum.com
FP$
If I was in that spot of having my end been removed or out then I wouldn't want it to be public myself. Did you check for others on all battles?
This is why he posts "pending final verification" this is part of what they check for after each battle. :)

John

Madly Diligent
Dec 11, 2014
America
FP$
I always check every voter in every battle. As @Reverie said, that's what the "final verification" message signifies.

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
It's a shame that some of WWE Forum's members didn't have faith in their community's merits and instead chose to cheat instead and cost the entire board everything they had earned thus far by getting to this point. I would be very disappointed if it was my community that had done this. My hope is that those who had cheated apologize to everyone on their board and learn something form this that winning is equally as important as good sportsmanlike conduct.

If you(Empire) should take anything away from this is that I truly believe you to be a stand up guy and a class act and while it may not get you votes or a victory in this contest, it wins you the respect of the people here and I think that's a far better award than anything you were trying to win from this contest. You might have lost the contest but you played with class and good sportsmanship thorough the entire thing and I think there is some on WWE Forums who could learn a thing or two from you about what it means to lose gracefully and trust their community's merits to carry them through and not succumb to the temptation to resort to underhanded tactics to get ahead anywhere in life as doing that only ends up with the person doing that losing in the end even if that end takes a while to reach but it is always reached eventually.

John

Madly Diligent
Dec 11, 2014
America
FP$
Wow, this was a very interesting year! I hope everyone was able to have as much fun as I did this year. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback on how this year's tournament went, I encourage you to send me a PM providing that information. In addition, thank you to everyone who was able to participate this year!

Reactions: Pennywise