Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
We have identified our division winners. MeowsePad.org won the North Division, Christianity Haven won the South Division, MyAnimeForum.net won the East Division, and Admin Loop won the West Division. :)

The Final Four polls are also up, and they will be going over the next seven days. It's North vs. South and East vs. West.

Happy voting folks.

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Apr 17, 2013
Behind you!
FP$
This is exciting. It was also a tough choice when voting in the Final Four battles. It was a tough choice all along, however, it seems that the voting is getting harder and harder the further along we go in this competition.

Cameron.

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
It's an honor to have made it this far! :)
It's an honor to have your community participating. :)

This is really exciting! Good luck to everyone!
Yessssss.

This is exciting. It was also a tough choice when voting in the Final Four battles. It was a tough choice all along, however, it seems that the voting is getting harder and harder the further along we go in this competition.
I definitely agree. I have not known which way to vote for the last couple of rounds.

dotgician

Familiar Face
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
So I’ve been veiwing these battles and I feel it’s more of a popularity contest then the actual website itself...

I mean you have website that are on sub domains on old php forum beating a website with a domain on xf license

You also have website with gawd awful color scheme where you can barely read what’s on the website... looking like the 90s not even responsive.

so is it just a popularity contest because people are definitely not voting for the better website...

mav3n

lvl 9000 IQ
May 22, 2011
FP$
So I’ve been veiwing these battles and I feel it’s more of a popularity contest then the actual website itself...

I mean you have website that are on sub domains on old php forum beating a website with a domain on xf license

You also have website with gawd awful color scheme where you can barely read what’s on the website... looking like the 90s not even responsive.

so is it just a popularity contest because people are definitely not voting for the better website...
You do know it's the actual content itself that makes a website what it is, correct? You can sink all of the money you want into an TLD, XF license, premium domain and what not and still have a shitty website that pale in comparison to something running on a free hosting with a great community. Hell, you should have seen FP back 8 years ago, it didn't check any of the boxes that you think makes for a content-worthy website. Get outta here with this crap.

dotgician

Familiar Face
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
You do know it's the actual content itself that makes a website what it is, correct? You can sink all of the money you want into an TLD, XF license, premium domain and what not and still have a shitty website that pale in comparison to something running on a free hosting with a great community. Hell, you should have seen FP back 8 years ago, it didn't check any of the boxes that you think makes for a content-worthy website. Get outta here with this crap.
Okay so yeah give them a point for Content, but that doesn’t out way appearance...

oh and you can sit there and tell me you that you can click on one of those website and just determine it has a great community? It would take couple of weeks to really get to know the community.

so if you’re not putting apperence into the judgement then it’s a popularity contest.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoyFreak

mav3n

lvl 9000 IQ
May 22, 2011
FP$
Okay so yeah give them a point for Content, but that doesn’t out way appearance...
I will agree that the appearance of a website is important, but I would argue the content and resources a website offers far out weighs what it looks like. You could have the best looking premium theme, but people don't stay for the looks, they stay for the content.

MeowsePad

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2008
FP$
  • Deleted by MeowsePad
Show…

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
Let's ignore the possibility that your vision of what is the best website differs from others. It couldn't possibly be that at all...

You can really tell a community by who heads it so you don't need to spend much time with the community just the person at the top to know what the community is like. If the guy or gal at the top is a jackass then you can be certain that the people surrounding that person(staff and community) are as bad or worse then the founder baring room for some exceptions.

Personally, good people should be a community's most valued and important asset. Everything else can only draw a crowd but only good people can keep them there and to have a communtiy of any decent size together for any length of time means you have a group of good people there compeling them to stay in spite of what any other "voices" attempt to lead them somewhere else. Having a group of good people by your side on a forum as an owner is a gift that's given not earned and anyone fortunate enough to have this gift be wise to take good care of it and never take it for granted or it will be taken away and given to someone else.

• Love
Reactions: Cameron.

Cameron.

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
@Cameron. how quickly do you anticipate prize distribution to all those who participated? Thanks, and good job keeping this organized, etc.
All of our Sweet Sixteen participants have been contacted regarding their prizes. Just waiting on responses as far as sending out PayPal cash, setting up advertisement spots, etc. Haven't determined the winners of our couple of ad raffles yet, but that will happen shortly. I'm currently in the process of sending out 250 FP$ to all of our other participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.