3.x memories

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
Man its sad that this section is so empty... who else here LOVED vBulletin 3.x? It was my absolute favorite software as a teen!

Talk Mental Health

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
I was on a number of awesome sports forums that ran vBulletin 3.x. There was a fantastic sports betting plugin. vB was the best software to have in the sports niche back then. I'd say that was the case probably up until like vB 4.2.

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
Apparently not lol. When I first saw vB 3 I wanted to get a copy sooo bad. When I eventually started my Q Army project, I was so excited. It's so damn professional looking!

Carlos X

Addicted
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
I LOVED vBulletin. I'm not even looking at numbers. vB2 was also awesome. Its only problem was easy to exploit.

I can remember all the plugins. Ranks was easier to implement and make an admin look powerful.

When vB3 came out, there were innovation in spades. Live replies is one of them.

Skins were plenty. I can't remember others offhand, but vBulletin was awesome. Even the most newbie can launch a forum and create a beautiful site. Pre-made skins were easy, yet... difficult to get propagated. Upgraded skins is harder to do. Because you'd have to upload the xml as new, and delete the old xml later as you edit the new pre-made skin to work similar to the old one. Its not different from what we have now with xenForo, but some skin developers allow for upgrades - provided you make master > child skins.

My favorite skin would be a website that doesn't exist now, but this guy created a skin for vBulletin that would blow your minds. Im not kidding.

Mind. blown.

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
I LOVED vBulletin. I'm not even looking at numbers. vB2 was also awesome. Its only problem was easy to exploit.

I can remember all the plugins. Ranks was easier to implement and make an admin look powerful.

When vB3 came out, there were innovation in spades. Live replies is one of them.

Skins were plenty. I can't remember others offhand, but vBulletin was awesome. Even the most newbie can launch a forum and create a beautiful site. Pre-made skins were easy, yet... difficult to get propagated. Upgraded skins is harder to do. Because you'd have to upload the xml as new, and delete the old xml later as you edit the new pre-made skin to work similar to the old one. Its not different from what we have now with xenForo, but some skin developers allow for upgrades - provided you make master > child skins.

My favorite skin would be a website that doesn't exist now, but this guy created a skin for vBulletin that would blow your minds. Im not kidding.

Mind. blown.
I know right? You know how old I was when I set up my first (and hilariously most successful) vBulletin forum? 16! A freaking 16 year old with no experience in manually installing software could figure it out!