Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Between all of the paid forum software options like XenForo and IPB, and all of the free options such as MyBB, it’s no wonder you are confused about what the best forum software is for your new community. However, even in my own research I noticed an abundance of recommendations for the same 3-4 solutions with no regard for the lesser known forum systems that are responsible for powering countless communities around the world. Today we would like to present you with a list of 5 lesser known forum software alternatives that are stable, secure, and still being actively supported by their creators. These projects may not all come packed with every single feature that other paid or free software includes, but they certainly offer the core functionality and management options we have come to expect from even the most popular of community solutions. These options have been specifically chosen due to their continued support, recent software release(s), active community/support forums...
Continue reading...

Last edited:

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
@Azareal , if you have a logo for Gosora please send me it so I can add it into the article.
Or you could send a screenshot of the admin CP or something similar - just make it relatively small to be displayed on the side of the content like the UBB image in the article.

Cheers! I'm very excited to see what you come up with in the future :)

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
How is security for those 5 forum software alternatives? Are there vulnerabilities?
I would have to do a lot of testing, but all of these have had recent security patching or general updates, along with having positive reviews for security. Of course they may have some unknown security flaws, but they all seem focused on ensuring their software is secure and constantly approved.

Reactions: Lämmchen