8,000 "members" (YouTube subscribers), 4.6M views, 15.1M minutes watched

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
I am not sure if this is appropriate for this section because my channel related site/forum has been down for a while... The blog got thousands of unique views and I had a lot forum members (around 300 in the first 2 months), but I shut it down a good bit ago now. I haven't been posting actively, but still get a load of views on older videos & have recently started making new videos. I will be focusing on gaming/tech news, but will still be posting WoW videos (mainly compilations / news / etc) to cater to my original subscriber base.

All together my viewers have spent around 28 and a half years watching my content, collectively. That's over 15 MILLION minutes spent on my content...
That's actually not good. If all that time had been spent working at US minimum wage, that's about $1.8 Million in lost wages...

I'm incredibly happy about these stats. I haven't been active over the last few years (otherwise I would be 2-3x the amount of this by now), but I still get thousands of views per month. I'm at 4.6 million views as of today :)

It started off as WoW, then moved more towards gaming/tech, but it's not nearly as active
I am working to make it active again.. posting some compilations & going to be doing some gaming news :)
I have posted gameplay, but they never are popular - even my old WoW gameplay was hardly viewed...

here's the last year of stats. as you can see, a lot lower than I am used to

Here is my latest video, a compilation of the most hardcore WoW gamers celebrating their 'world first' kills (when an in-game boss is killed for the first time)

Reactions: Jon

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Seeing allot of down arrows and only 8K followers? man that's allot of watched minutes for an low amount of followers.
Yeah, I haven't been very active on the channel lately. I stopped playing World of Warcraft years ago, and that's what I built my channel on... so it's been dreadful the last year or two.

Very nice! Keep up the good work, I'm sure these numbers are only going to get better with time. Great stuff. :cool:
Yeah, if I stick to one niche it will be fine. I just have to build it back up again as a more generic channel instead of game-specific

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Very nice, keep up the hard work. That must of took a long time to build your channel to where you are now, keep at it and you may be famous one day. Congratulations!
ha! Famous would be cool, but I doubt it
I definitely plan to keep making videos though :)

Very nice, keep up the hard work. That must of took a long time to build your channel to where you are now, keep at it and you may be famous one day. Congratulations!
ha! Famous would be cool, but I doubt it
I definitely plan to keep making videos though :)
You can be famous. The fact that you have millions of views thus far, and from a few thousand subscribers or followers... means that people who has never heard of you already know who you are. Keep the train moving. Don't give up.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
You can be famous. The fact that you have millions of views thus far, and from a few thousand subscribers or followers... means that people who has never heard of you already know who you are. Keep the train moving. Don't give up.
Eh, that is more to do with my knowledge of marketing & SEO.
I don't spend money advertising my videos, but I can get them views.
My subscribers don't make up most of my views.
In general my subscribers are a high % in the first 500-1,000 views and then drift off. My subscribers make up around 1-2% of my total views, with 50-75% of my views coming from Google & YouTube search/recommended, a good portion from Reddit, and the rest from other sites.

I don't spend money advertising my videos, but I can get them views.
My subscribers don't make up most of my views
That IS SEO. That means YouTube and Google are sending you high amount of traffic due to your content.
In general my subscribers are a high % in the first 500-1,000 views and then drift off. My subscribers make up around 1-2% of my total views, with 50-75% of my views coming from Google & YouTube search/recommended, a good portion from Reddit, and the rest from other sites.
And you know it from bolded.

It just means you've created an organic way to get traffic. Google will gladly put you there. Just follow the rules, and you won't be in trouble. :)

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
That IS SEO. That means YouTube and Google are sending you high amount of traffic due to your content.

And you know it from bolded.

It just means you've created an organic way to get traffic. Google will gladly put you there. Just follow the rules, and you won't be in trouble. :)
Yep, exactly!
It's going very well :)
The last 48 hours have netted me over 200,000 views & over 1 Million minutes of watched time!!

Very happy :)