Abortion.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
I think it's okay to abort under certain situations but I wouldn't want to abort personally out of choice. If I was to get my girl friend pregnant I'd like to go through with it as that child could have a great future however, I understand why other choose to abort.
Knocking up a girl just isn't a reason for abortion. I mean, it's tough to even justify massive deformities for abortion - though I could somewhat see the reasoning.
I think the real reason why people have such a tough time seeing the other side's reasoning behind abortion is confirmation bias.
What do you mean? A life is involved here, but pro-choice people don't think it's a life - even though - if it was born, it would be a premature baby.

HamezPlays

The Helper
I think it's okay to abort under certain situations but I wouldn't want to abort personally out of choice. If I was to get my girl friend pregnant I'd like to go through with it as that child could have a great future however, I understand why other choose to abort.
Knocking up a girl just isn't a reason for abortion. I mean, it's tough to even justify massive deformities for abortion - though I could somewhat see the reasoning.
I think the real reason why people have such a tough time seeing the other side's reasoning behind abortion is confirmation bias.
What do you mean? A life is involved here, but pro-choice people don't think it's a life - even though - if it was born, it would be a premature baby.
Like I said I'd never be with the person if they chose to abort but, I can understand why people would due to money and other circumstances. Not saying I'm rich but, I've built myself to a point where I'm financially stable to have a child and have the funds to make it a walk in the park.

VirusZero

Resident
Mar 17, 2010
endlessfight.net
FP$
I'm pro-choice up to a limit.

The cut off point for me is the end of the third month maybe a few days up to a week into the fourth if really desperate. Up until this point the embryo is wholly dependant on the mother. It has no chance of survival on it's own. It also has no brain or central nervous function. (Meaning it can't feel pain yet.) It is not developed enough yet to have those. (And it's not like the second it hits the fourth month that the central nervous system flips on overnight... it still takes a little while to actually happen.)

However once into the 4th month the embryo becomes a fetus and the central nervous system is starting to function. At this point the fetus still can't really survive on it's own, but now that it's nervous system works it could potentially feel pain. So this is where I think you can't abort just because you want to anymore. It's not just a ball of cells anymore. It's well on the road to becoming a fully formed baby.

I think that's a more than reasonable enough amount of time. I mean supposing a person isn't trying to get pregnant and they practised safe sex (using condoms and birth control) but those measures failed... they still have 2 months (I'm saying a month to discover the pregnancy) after that to decide.

All that said, of course there are always still extra factors that need to be considered. If the health of the mother will be severely adversely affected by continuing pregnancy then regardless of stage an abortion is an option (at the mother's discretion of course).

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Ultimately it boils down to a human life s divine argument - but it is true that up to a point the fetus is simply "too human" to ignore. As I noted, if we are going to give mothers "life or death" power over the unborn - then why can't "murder of premature babies" be legal?

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess
Ultimately it boils down to a human life s divine argument - but it is true that up to a point the fetus is simply "too human" to ignore. As I noted, if we are going to give mothers "life or death" power over the unborn - then why can't "murder of premature babies" be legal?
Premature babies no longer rely on another human body to survive.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
That's a weak argument.

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
That's a weak argument.
How so?
Babies - out of the womb - are also highly dependent - but that's just the smaller point! The fact remains if a woman cannot terminate an equivalent life outside the womb, then why should she be able if it's inside?

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess
That's a weak argument.
How so?
Babies - out of the womb - are also highly dependent - but that's just the smaller point! The fact remains if a woman cannot terminate an equivelent life outside the womb, then why should she be able if it's inside?
A baby who has been born is no longer attached to another human body and literally siphoning its nutrients in the way that a fetus is. That's hardly equivalent.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Eussbig and Jason76

JohanStyles43

New Arrival
Jan 21, 2019
FP$
As doctors from the http://www.dr-forskolin.com/forskolin-reviews/ told me that every day somebody is getting an abortion. Is it good or bad? I can't say for sure. But i thing that if person is not willing to have a baby, she has right to make an abortion. But not on a 9th month of course. I used to work as a teacher and i've seen kids who had been born " by accident" and not so welcomed by their parents. Trust me, you don't want to be on their place or meet them either.

bill16652

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
FP$
I am absolutely pro life I think all abortion other than to save the mothers life should be a crime. If you have ever seen the film of babies reacting as they are being aborted then you would not be able to say they are not living feeling beings

edenwax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 24, 2011
ed3n.me
FP$
I am absolutely pro life I think all abortion other than to save the mothers life should be a crime. If you have ever seen the film of babies reacting as they are being aborted then you would not be able to say they are not living feeling beings
Have... have you?

The reason I ask is because abortion can only happen before a fetus is even remotely conscious. They are live beings, yes, but they aren't capable of feeling anything while they're able to be aborted.

Thomasss

Madly Diligent
Jan 28, 2013
FP$
I'm pro-choice. The mother has to live with the fact that she aborted the baby; I feel like that much pressure on the mother to "do the right thing" while avoiding protesters and mean-mugging that can turn violent, should sway one out of abortion. If not, the mother has a reason as to why they feel the need to go that route, it's no one else's business, having someone receive an abortion 200 miles away from you has 0 affect on your life. Abortions should be pro-choice, but I also feel like abortion clinics (like they currently do) should have plenty of alternatives for mothers to explore so they can make an education decision in the matter.