Actor cuts off own arm...

Discussion in 'Entertainment Discussions' started by PureSportsTalk, Nov 1, 2018.

1. PureSportsTalk

PureSportsTalk Acquaintance

+4
    A New Mexico actor is coming clean in a shocking interview, revealing he's been lying for years about losing his arm while serving in the military — admitting he cut it off himself in order to land acting roles playing an amputee veteran.

Speaking with Albuquerque's KOB4 News, actor Todd Latourette said that he's bipolar, and had gone off his medications when he cut off his own arm and cauterized it.

“I severed my hand with a skill saw,” said Latourette. “The state of my mind was a psychotic episode.”

Full story: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertain...for-acting-roles/ar-BBPbCfJ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Would any of you do this if you got to star in a movie? For me, not in a million years and not even all the money in the world would convince me to do this for a movie. Plus I'm a guitar player so I need both hands to play guitar :D

2. Cameron

Cameron Owner Administrator Owner

+422
    This is a crazy story. In general, it's wrong that he was claiming that he lost his arm while he was in the military. I would like to believe I'd never do anything like this for the sake of my career, but I don't know. Maybe all that money made it worth it. :p

3. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King

+50
    Talk about commitment. :bluesquareeek:

• Whistle Whistle x 1
  4. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Moderators

+155
    That's incredible. Stay on your meds, kids!

5. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,874
    huh? what, doing it for the sake of acting

6. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Staff Team

+345
    Wow, that's pretty bizarre! I mean, from the movie Tootsie, we could see how desperate actors are - but this is certainly much more shocking that even that!

7. MrHorror

MrHorror Reputable

+40
    This is pathetic. I could see changing your name to help your career. Many actors have done and continue to do it. But severing your own arm? It's not worth it. THAT doesn't grow back, and you can't undo what you've done via contract or by signing a few pieces of paper. When you cut off a limb, it's gone forever. Also, if anything he actually shrunk his opportunity pool. There are way more roles available for people with two arms instead of one.