Actors Being Hated for Sex Crimes

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Jason76, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Package Team Member Package Team

+438
    It seems like it really sours the public. Note how Kevin Spacey's new film is ignored - even though, I bet it's good!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...g-day/ar-BBM66jz?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=ansmsnnews11

OK, well, what sex crimes do you find serious enough to justify a public hating an actor?

Well, let's look at Kevin Spacey. Well, some of the accusations were pedophile ones, and of course, people hate pedophiles. However, other accusations might just be making him seem homosexual and people might just hate gays - but I don't think that's the case here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/48062...lt-anthony-rapp-old-vic-investigation-latest/ (warning some ads are a little scantily clad on this website)

2. fantanoice

fantanoice Madly Diligent

+76
    If you do something seriously shitty like sexually assault a child then yes you should be hated. Your profession shouldn't have anything to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,216
    I see him as an good actor and never more. His real life is crap and I do not agree with it but regards the movies I don't put that down. Speaking regards Kevin Spacey's.

4. Carlos X

Carlos X Resident

+167
    Most of this was interjected by groups such as SJW's on Twitter, so... eventually, I think Kevin Spacey will be back. Most of the people that were accused of these heinous actions will be back. A few years is what I suggest for these folks to return, but only because the timing is right.

In my opinion, Kevin Spacey's situation came out of nowhere. Didn't really have an origin. It disappeared faster than the apology.

So, in about a year, none of these stories will matter. It shouldn't have been in the first place. However, I did not like the idea that Spacey is gay or whatever. I don't care to understand the story, it was too much for me. And I think many people ignored it because the story is a little "too out there." I mean, some of the stories written about Spacey were too graphic to be real.

5. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+624
    I hate that Danny Masterson is apart of this sect in "Hollywood". Cool dude and I loved him in The Ranch. It won't be the same without him.

6. Jason76

+438
    It's interesting to note, though - that a lot of these kids who accuse adults of sex crimes are punks (male or female). Of course, that doesn't justify the abuse - but a lot of times it's some teen girl getting back at a teacher or some gay youngster who is going around - looking for trouble.

7. JohanStyles43

JohanStyles43 New Arrival

+0
    Some people acts like they are on the blue pill on a daily basis and can't keep their stuff together. I mean, i guess i can understand why people like him are waving their private parts around people who haven't asked for it, but still, looks sick for me.

8. Aaron

Aaron Bah Humbug Forum Sponsor

+266
    Not that he's an actor but Michael Jackson has been blocked from being played on 90% of New Zealand radio stations despite him not being able to talk and stand up for himself with these current allegations and with that Neverland show.... not that I'm going to debate... but even radio stations are quick to do things even when he wasn't a New Zealander... their excuse is that they will play his music again if the New Zealanders want them too. I think despite what has gone on and continues to go on he is still a legacy singer. My two cents anyway.

9. Jason76

+438
    I think everyone has a dark side. I'm not sure if Jackson should be shunned like Hitler for what he has done - but I'm sure he (Jackson) did do it.

Anyway, I always highly admired the rise of the Jackson 5 and of Michael Jackson. OK, well, at least when he was in the Jackson 5 - he wasn't a monster!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019 at 4:52 AM