Solved Admins Feedback

Discussion in 'Solved Archive' started by HamezSEO, Apr 19, 2017.

Feedback

1. Great

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Good

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Average

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Awful

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Other (Please Specify)

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. HamezSEO

HamezSEO The Helper

+157
    With this I'd just like to see other peoples opinions on how the admins perform. I believe that with you honest opinion admins/mods can learn on their strengths and weaknesses.

Rules
    1. Be honest
    2. Don't be rude
    3. Don't discriminate
    4. Only feedback that admins/mods can use to better themselves

e.g. bad repose= They keep deleting my stuff, it's not fair... This will not be accepted on this thread.

My feedback would be that they are fast when dealing with issues and have been helping me since I joined. Well done to all admins, staff and mods.

2. Gus

Gus Keep me posted.

+167
    They keep deleting my stuff, it's not fair...

Jk, they're alright.

3. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,216
    How voted Awful? LOL

• Facepalm Facepalm x 2
  4. John

John Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+883
    I've voted. Best of luck to you all!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Empire

+2,216
    WHO not HOW, OCHHhhh. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Dinner Team Leader

+379
    Well as I figure it, you aren't seeing an angry mob armed with pitchforks and torches heading your way so you must be doing alright. If there was thing no one is ever stingy on is criticism so if anyone even remotely thinks you deserve any then you will be sure to find it heading your way. For that I say, they are doing alright in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HamezSEO

HamezSEO The Helper

+157
    Great feedback @Bluezone777 keep it coming and please if you vote lower than average please give a reason as to why... It isn't helpful when people are looking to better themselves.

8. Empire

+2,216
    suggestions that those vote for awful gets to be remove and banned lol :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thomasss

Thomasss Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+180
    It isn't helpful for when members create posts like this that basically undermines any kind of work the admins are currently doing. I realize you're trying to help, but posts like these don't exactly help at all. Someone might vote "bad" because an admin banned them or something silly like that; reasons as to why someone doesn't like an admin can be so trivial it needs to be handled on a case by case basis.

Post's like these honestly don't help anything, and more than likely annoy the crap out of many people. :p

They can't learn when all you have open is a poll. If you have an issue with their performance, take it up with them in DM or in this board, but not as a general performance rating.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Dinner Team Leader

+379
    I will say this that the poll itself doesn't help anyone regardless of what you click as there is no context to go with the vote selected. The best way to fix issues you might have is to bring up the topic that you are bothered by with specifics included. The more specific you are, the more likely someone can and will resolve your issue.

However if your issue that led to a poor rating revolves around a moderation action that was rightfully taken against you then that issue won't be resolved simply because there isn't one as your displeasure in being moderated justly is not anyone's problem but yours.

All in all, the context behind your poll vote drastically changes how serious or not the negative poll votes are and how meaningful the positive ones are to the people being rated. This sort of thread can be beneficial to the staff here but only if context is given for the rating they chose. If you want to really help the team improve then it's always best to bring up issues that need addressing regardless of their importance plus it helps to improve communication and trust between staff and the community which is always good to do when it can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cosmic

Cosmic Manners maketh man Retired Admin

+946
    We don't mind seeing where we stand with the members from time to time. I don't see any harm in the poll. If you do vote poor or awful though, we would appreciate if you let us know why, so that we can improve.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Empire

+2,216
    @Bluezone777 Good point and I have to agree, that is why I tend to vote for Average so that it's not fully positive or negative. You are going to get members that dislike or like it's apart of life/websites and I think that this topic was created for the fun side and see the light of day.

If it gets to bad then this topic can always be locked and removed. Also I don't find this an community matter. There are no problems and so it's not needed to be here.

13. HamezSEO

HamezSEO The Helper

+157
    I agree with both the poll was created for a light discussion where people can get there issues out in the open but if it is annoying for the admins please don't take it as a negative poll. Just lock it like @Empire said I don't want you guys to feel as if I did it out of spite.

14. Empire

+2,216
    narr, it's not off topic

• Like Like x 1
  15. Champion

Champion Paragon

+403
    FP staff aren't awful or bad they are very mature staff members I if you want to see awful member and staff or staff you should join some community one would say is Devbest

16. Empire

+2,216
    also if the staff is awful or very bad then that person would be fired. But there hasn't been so all good and FP lives on

17. Champion

Champion Paragon

+403
    members are here are also great I won't say everyone is a good person but they are kind at least the few I know

18. Empire

+2,216
    you are also an nice dude :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Champion

Champion Paragon

+403
    Thanks so are you :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Princess MeowsePad

Princess MeowsePad Chocolate Foot Princess Retired Admin

+1,031
    I know that I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this post, but I really feel like I need to make it. If you are an admin, please do not take offense to this post. If you read it to the end, I am sure that you will feel alright.

I believe that the admin team has had problems for years. There has been very little innovation, a lack of willingness to listen to the community, a failure to make members feel that they're valued or welcome in the community, and no clear vision for the future. However, I don't think that the problem is that the people who are on the admin team are incompetent or unfit for the job. I think that the main problem is that there have been very few completely new faces on the admin team (and the leadership team in general) over the past several years. When all of the people running the forum have been on FP for nearly a decade, it is very challenging for them to look at the issues facing FP with a fresh perspective. I know that I would have difficulty doing so if I were an admin today.

However, I have seen some recent signs of improvement. Matt, for example, has recently shown a new willingness to listen to people outside his innermost circle. The admins also are not nearly as aggressive as they used to be; there seems to be a growing amount of tolerance that hasn't always been there. The problem now seems to be that there is an obstacle to getting things done, and I'm sure that the admins reading this know exactly which obstacle I have in mind.

I think that the current admins have the potential to turn the page and usher in a new era of innovation, transparency, respect, and engagement. Keep turning to the community for answers. Move the dialog about the future of Forum Promotion from secret, hidden forums to public, transparent settings. Talk to people. Make them feel like they matter and that you want them here. When you do those things, people will stop being here simply because it's the last promotion forum standing and start being here because it's an exciting and engaging community.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 5