Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?

I probably would be investing more and better time into hobbies I want to do, and to help people on occasion.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
I would keep working - specifically on web development projects I enjoy, but I'd try to create jobs for people - and I'd take a lot of vacations, and spend a lot on hobbies (3D art creation especially).

Van1lla ™

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 9, 2007
UK
www.google.co.uk
FP$
Well I have always said to myself if I won a lot of money I would buy into care homes, because as unfortunate as it sounds, its an good investment. So would spend my time with running them.

Reactions: Fiona1964

Fiona1964

Madly Diligent
Well I have always said to myself if I won a lot of money I would buy into care homes, because as unfortunate as it sounds, its an good investment. So would spend my time with running them.
Just to let you know its hard work running a care home I work in one and I know how hard work it is long hours some people can not do it

Mozzie

Resident
Aug 9, 2015
Oz
creativeanimations.jcink.net
FP$
I would give it to those that don't have, not just hand them the cash, i would by shelters, and make them a working self maintained shelters, build houses and have a consistent flow of money running through them for all that have no hope otherwise. I can't end poverty, but if i had a never ending flow of money, why not give it to those that need it the most.

Van1lla ™

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 9, 2007
UK
www.google.co.uk
FP$
Just to let you know its hard work running a care home I work in one and I know how hard work it is long hours some people can not do it
I understand that. I have worked in the care industry myself for 6 years. I should have been more specific; I would run an LD care home. Thats the field I have worked in. And what i meant by run is own the home and direct it, but i would probably hire a service manager.

Reactions: Fiona1964

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
I don't think there is anyone who would ever receive enough money that they wouldn't have to work again. The more you have, the more your wants increase to go along with it which in turn increases the need for the amount of money needed to sustain said lifestyle.

In short, who would when offered a pay increase turn it down because they don't need the money?

Besides, having idle hands does no good to you or anyone around you as it leads you to making foolish choices because you don't have anything constructive to do which keeps you busy and focused on something besides pleasuring yourself in one way or another. I do recall hearing a story many years ago about a famous actress who was caught shoplifting even though she had more than enough to pay for what she stole because she was simply bored so she shoplifted for the thrill of doing so because she no longer found pleasure in shopping through stores because she could afford everything she wanted.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
I suppose the worse thing you could do is gamble your money. That would be so disrespectful to millions who aren't as lucky as you. And as in the "Prodigal Son" story in the Bible - you could easily go thru millions - via hookers (or strippers).

Anyway, the wisest and most fulfilling investment would be to provide "family oriented" jobs and that would make you - even more money (business and/or real estate investment).