Any good server for hosting video (HD) content?

Ricardorich

Familiar Face
Apr 2, 2018
FP$
I would like to get affordable VPS hosting. Linux. For hosting video (HD) content.
Do you know anything about Libertyvps.net , Arvixe.com and Cloudation.com VPS hosting services ?
Can I trust them? Any hosting reviews?

Talk Mental Health

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
I would like to get affordable VPS hosting. Linux. For hosting video (HD) content.
Do you know anything about Libertyvps.net , Arvixe.com and Cloudation.com VPS hosting services ?
Can I trust them? Any hosting reviews?
Never even heard of them but dedicated CPU and fast disks will probably be your main concern after bandwidth. Here is what I recommend as a website hosting provider...

Firstly get a CDN provider like BunnyCDN or similar who specialize in doing HD video CDN. Not having a CDN service to back yourself up is like opening a single pizza joint in New York and expecting to serve millions upon millions. Instead of having multiple pizza shops in hot spot areas.

After you figure out your CDN provider then only would I grab a STRONG VPS to boot. Make sure the VPS you get is of Hybrid kind or at least promises that you get CPU cycles to yourself. Not only will it save you slowness for your end users watching said videos and such. But it will save you headaches later when your vCores is going strong and hot.

Whatever you decide MAKE SURE that they actually allows this! Ask if doubt never ass-u-me.

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Digital Ocean isn't bad, they charge based of of the amount of usage you use I'm pretty sure, and any VPS will be able to run HD content.
Only for bandwidth after your package limit which is nice but isn't news, Linode and such also offer this option too.

Additionally you cannot use "any old VPS" for the job, CPU loads are a serious concern and any "web oriented" VPSes generally not cut out for the job.

Most VPS providers shove VPSes without much thoughts since people are generally looking for cost efficiency rather than a VPS that "runs good".

Therefore if possible I recommend people seeking for Hybrids or VPSes that boasts "dedicated" CPU cycles. As that tends to ensure your VPS won't be shared with 10's (not half bad if it on something say a EPCY to be fair) if not 100's others. So your disk, network IO and etc is likely to be better to boot.

Therefore assuming this is "commercialized" site I still stands by of "going large" with a small Hybrid/dedicated CPU VPS.

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Just setup websites with cloudarion.com SSDVPS hosting and am in the process of getting my new site up and running.
With any new setup, you always run into issues getting used to the host's control panel, getting your applications set up, getting things working.
Again a standard VPS is not right for a commercial or scalable for a video or streaming heavily site.

You need dedicated CPU cycles and time for that along with quick disk access and etc.

TCN Prime

New Arrival
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Digital Ocean isn't bad, they charge based of of the amount of usage you use I'm pretty sure, and any VPS will be able to run HD content.
Digital Ocean would be a good choice as well. I know that the streaming platform Glimesh runs their servers on it and they do HD live streams.