Are Forum Owners doing SEO for their forum?

bomb

Reputable
Jun 19, 2017
www.comradepower.com
FP$
1. Are forums dying?
2. Why is my forum not ranked on Google?
3. I cannot see my nice threads indexed on google, even when i submit to google search console.
4. My competitors are getting more members daily, why not me?
I am sure you have asked yourself at least one if not all the questions above!
What is ailing our forums nowadays?

My observations
  • Most forums are developed by people passionate about the subject, not SEO gurus.
  • Forum owners use the money to pay for Adwords, hoping that people will click and sign up.
  • Discussions suddenly become so general, or out of topic.
  • We expect members to generate fresh content like they used to do 10 years ago!
My 2 cents:
  • Forum owners need to generate content that will attract new members. Just like bloggers.
  • Keyword research /competitor research /Content Optimization/ SEO/ SEM - All these should be used for forums, just eh same as they are used on WordPress based websites.
  • Inbuilt SEO tools/Schema on forum CMS require some additional boost to rank.
I have started research specifically on forum SEO. Join me, if you think it is an issue that requires special attention.
Am currently doing a test on a board that I acquire recently, just to see how it goes. So far so good.

Reactions: Dotgician

Dotgician

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
I do not think forums are dying... they're just a website like any other website... are website dying? Its all about marketing... seo.. what you can provide to the users.

Definitely something I am working on and learning at the same.

Am currently doing a test on a board that I acquire recently, just to see how it goes. So far so good.
Are you currently posting your progression and results somewhere, for us to follow or still in the works?

Reactions: bomb

bomb

Reputable
Jun 19, 2017
www.comradepower.com
FP$
I do not think forums are dying... they're just a website like any other website... are website dying? Its all about marketing... seo.. what you can provide to the users.

Definitely something I am working on and learning at the same.

Are you currently posting your progression and results somewhere, for us to follow or still in the works?
It is still in the works. I will start posting early next month. We should share notes. There is a need for forum-specific SEO skills/tips/tricks/hacks whatever the name should be.

Reactions: Dotgician

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I agree, even bayside SEO is bad and isn't ranked on google. Yes, it's part of me and slack of doing it, put main reasons is I'm not that good with SEO and or can't get enough hours in every day to work o boosting it.

Can be hard and takes far far allot of time

bomb

Reputable
Jun 19, 2017
www.comradepower.com
FP$
I agree, even bayside SEO is bad and isn't ranked on google. Yes, it's part of me and slack of doing it, put main reasons is I'm not that good with SEO and or can't get enough hours in every day to work o boosting it.

Can be hard and takes far far allot of time
Sure, i will research more on this and come up with a plug n' play solution for board owners. It's a tall order, but i will be doing it for my boards. If it works, i will rinse & repeat en share! Especially for the hundreds of game boards out there. Keyword research is necessary. You cannot ignore SEO. Even the basic one.

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
I know most forum owners don't do much in terms of SEO development. Most of the new forums I have seen, rarely have anything else other than the standard default keywords built in, let alone any search engine submission work done. A number of my forums I have submitted to Google last year, have been pretty good with SEO, because of keyword specifics I put into it, combined with active search engine submissions and monitoring of searches from places like google.

I agree that in order to get the best out of search engine submissions and seo work, you need to also be engaged in content creation.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Sure, i will research more on this and come up with a plug n' play solution for board owners. It's a tall order, but i will be doing it for my boards. If it works, i will rinse & repeat en share! Especially for the hundreds of game boards out there. Keyword research is necessary. You cannot ignore SEO. Even the basic one.
SOunds good and do a full thread/blog on it :)

Gaming and even Genual boards are so much of them around

Abizaga

Reputable
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
I won't lie, my writers pretty much do any of that. I would have no idea what I'm doing lol

Reactions: bomb