Are Gaming Computers Better Than Consoles?

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Are gaming computer really that much better than consoles? Is it because you can upgrade them or what is it really?

Talk Mental Health

Laifot

New Arrival
Apr 12, 2021
FP$
The added functions of a computer makes them better. Your gaming console are made just for that purpose, with a computer you can study too!

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
By a long road ahead. Then again if you were to spend under $800 for a gaming PC then you might as well get a console since you be better off ;)

The console has improved and offering good specs and whatnot and able to support VR and 4K however what you get is what you are stuck with. PC gaming offers you far more options than what you want as hardware goes and offers far more ways to get your gaming to the next level. Just expect to pay £2500 or more to get a good gaming rig. GPU will cost you the most more than anything.

I remember that CPU was the most expensive back 10 years ago, now it's not. The cheapest is your case, PSU and storage. Motherboards can be cheap but my motherboard cost me over £280 and CPU is £340 and GPU looking at £500 or in my case I love to have RTX 3080 and that's £800

Laifot

New Arrival
Apr 12, 2021
FP$
By a long road ahead. Then again if you were to spend under $800 for a gaming PC then you might as well get a console since you be better off ;)

The console has improved and offering good specs and whatnot and able to support VR and 4K however what you get is what you are stuck with. PC gaming offers you far more options than what you want as hardware goes and offers far more ways to get your gaming to the next level. Just expect to pay £2500 or more to get a good gaming rig. GPU will cost you the most more than anything.

I remember that CPU was the most expensive back 10 years ago, now it's not. The cheapest is your case, PSU and storage. Motherboards can be cheap but my motherboard cost me over £280 and CPU is £340 and GPU looking at £500 or in my case I love to have RTX 3080 and that's £800

Now is not a good time for PC Gaming due to this pandemic thing that closed lots of industries and also the materials are more expensive. But cryptocurrency is killing the GPU market, they need to stop.

Energy

New Arrival
Apr 24, 2021
United Kingdom
FP$
I own a gaming PC at the moment and have owned a console in the past and from personal experience I would much rather game on a console. It’s much less hassle and cheaper.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I own a gaming PC at the moment and have owned a console in the past and from personal experience I would much rather game on a console. It’s much less hassle and cheaper.
what's your pc specs?

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I have a Ryzen 5 2600X Processor and a GTX 1660 GPU. I wasn’t referring to the quality of gaming though, it’s fine for me, but all the hassle with peripherals and such is quite annoying. Just personal preference I guess.
not bad system can do most games anyway,

Uncrowned Guard

Familiar Face
May 7, 2016
Pennsylvania (USA)
uncrownedempire.com
FP$
For the simple goal of playing video games, consoles have to be given the win as they are by far the best price to performance and also come with that amazing "it just works" ability when it comes to playing games. Install the game, play the game, everything is super simple and works great.

Now, is a $1000+ gaming PC better than a Console, yes it is. It is a $1000 PC that can play games as well or better than the console and also have the almost endless abilities of a high spec PC. However, even at this price point, you may end up with more technical issues with games then any console user is going to run into.

Blipta

New Arrival
Feb 11, 2021
FP$
The functionality of the PC will always exceed the capabilities of the console. You can always replace components in your PC. For example, if you lack the power of the processor or video card, you can easily replace them. But we must not forget to clean the PC from dust, for this there are special compressors. And one more fact: the esports industry is based on the PC!

Last edited: