Are lotteries immoral?

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
This is a tough one, cause honestly, business ventures and stock market investing aren't really different than lotteries sometimes. In fact, all these things and that includes a lot of gambling, are simply things you have more of a chance with a large bankroll, but still highly risky - even with that!.

Now some are saying lotteries pay for education in most places and I think they do. Nonetheless, some might argue it's simply abusive and exploitive to certain people - even if the end result is a "good thing".

Last edited:

Wild Cat

Acquaintance
Sep 22, 2020
FP$
Buying a lottery ticket is free choice. Some say free money is immoral in itself. My take is that anything can be immoral if even one person is offended by it.

Immorality is very subjective & prone to interpretation. Some things are universally immoral yet some cultures condone even the most heinous acts.

I don't participate in the lottery, personally. It strikes me as lazy

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
My grandmother and girlfriend play the lottery. A lot of people I know plays the lottery and none of them have ever won. I don't bother playing the lottery and I have no negative views towards gambling. If people want to chance their money at making more money. More power to them and best of luck.