Are there still free domains around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie 1988 Forum

Resident
Sep 1, 2016
FP$
So, I've decided to revive my old forum, Chatting Time, as that's seen some big success back in 2010-2011, but I don't have money for a proper domain name. Is .co.cc still considered a free domain? Because if I can't have a professional domain like .com, .net, or .org, I want something that is similar to .com but free. Forum's looking great by the way

Marie 1988 Forum

Resident
Sep 1, 2016
FP$
If you are looking for something that's free, you can try Forumotion or ProBoards.
I already have a host, I just need to get a domain. Besides that, I wouldn't use Forumotion if it were the last host on the planet. I still remember one time on an old site I had, we were discussing how insecure Forumotion was. A co-administrator allowed me to try logging in to his account on a test site, and to my dismay, it worked! I didn't even know his password is just put in whatever, and voila. As for Proboards, they're too tricky for me. I finally settled on a free SMF host and so far I love it and have had no issues.

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
Cookie Badge
You could perhaps offer to post on some forums in the marketplace in exchange for a domain name?

Azareal

Paragon
Status
Not open for further replies.