Asked to do too much from mate?

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
When asked to do too much, it become overwhelming. A lot doesn't get done. In that case, the mate is frustrated and this leads to threats of leaving. Now, this is also very bad - cause then the person becomes insecure, driving away the mate even more.

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
I had a friend who used to keep borrowing money from me. I thought it was because she needed to buy food but it turned out she was buying alcohol for herself. It became a real liability because she would also keep asking me to look after her kids probably so she could sleep it off. She hid her drinking really well at first but after she turned up at the school drunk I realised I had to say something. She cut herself off from me completely and I heard she had her kids taken away. She has tried to befriend me again but I don't think it's a good idea until she gets help. She still won't admit she has a problem by all accounts.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
I had a friend who used to keep borrowing money from me. I thought it was because she needed to buy food but it turned out she was buying alcohol for herself. It became a real liability because she would also keep asking me to look after her kids probably so she could sleep it off. She hid her drinking really well at first but after she turned up at the school drunk I realized. I had to say something. She cut herself off from me completely and I heard she had her kids taken away. She has tried to befriend me again but I don't think it's a good idea until she gets help. She still won't admit she has a problem by all accounts.

My ex wife was like that after the divorce. I didn't know about the meth at the time. But when she was keeping the kids because of the Joint Custody agreement. She'd come to me for groceries or whatever. I'd give her money. But she wasn't spending the money on food. She had a friend that was using food stamps. So the money was going towards partying with her friends, whiskey, weed, and whoever knows what else it was that she wanted. When she was on meth, she'd always beg for money and then her mom told me to quit giving her money. So I did.

Reactions: sprite1950