Atlantic Forums

scooter

Reputable
The Atlantic Forums... an online place for technical assistance and intelligent socializing...

An antidote to the impersonal social media giants...a free resource offered by Atlantic Computing Services!

banner-small.jpg

Atlantic gives you the chance to be a part of an interesting and diverse social experience. Join restricted groups to discuss topics discreetly...

groups.PNG

...or let everyone know who you are and where you're coming from with fun and unique profile flair:

flairchoices.PNG

Embed most common audio and video formats easily. An extensive FAQ, specific to Atlantic, is available!

post.jpg

And of course, our original technical boards are still available for our customers and anyone else who wishes to join our online cooperative support network...

tech.PNG

Join us today at https://atlantic-computing.com/forums !

PGen98

Package Team Member
Package Team
You have a very nice setup and what looks to be a very inviting community! I love the banner, it's a bit of a throwback to banners of old ;).

I wish you all the best with your forums :)

scooter

Reputable
Thank you! And yeah, I'm a bit of a throwback as well, I guess. The banner was provided by a user and was kind of a "toss something up there" approach; I chose it from about six or seven similar photos. It is apparently a scene that is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, but I don't know where.

PGen98

Package Team Member
Package Team
Thank you! And yeah, I'm a bit of a throwback as well, I guess. The banner was provided by a user and was kind of a "toss something up there" approach; I chose it from about six or seven similar photos. It is apparently a scene that is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, but I don't know where.
It works, so I'd call that a great banner :).

scooter

Reputable
Thank you. A lot of trial and error went into it, plus some good users who were able to give me feedback and a bit of graphics help.

scooter

Reputable
I like your FAQs you have for members & guests. A nice one stop shopping for any questions they may have about your forum.
It took a bit of effort, yes. It's interesting because many of my users need a great deal of assistance, and many need none. I tend to cater to the first of those, as the experienced users will not need the help.

scooter

Reputable
Our current numbers:
Total posts: 3784 - Total topics: 851 - Total members: 27

Keep in mind I've been pruning the Forums pretty actively up to this point; none of the above numbers, including members, reflect anything more than one year old. I've recently changed the pruning to retain more information so I can monitor growth better, so everything is set two years out at this point. The exception is Weather, which is set for 30 days in order to keep it as current as possible. It's also the only forum on which I operate an RSS feed (for alerts in the local area).

Also, if you do join and are of adult age, please let me know. There is a restricted and unadvertised forum for adults only.