Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Proboards

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Proboards

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Tagobs

Addicted
I'm a huge fan of XenForo. Pure vanilla XF works great, it has a lot of add-ons available as well as beautiful skins. It's also the forum suit that requires the least add-ons to be awesome, in my opinion. Second comes IPB, and for the free ones out there I prefer MyBB. phpBB is slowly replacing the latter though, as MyBB doesn't have that many good plugins or themes.

zoldos

Resident
I've used just about every forum software out there, free and paid. Nothing seems to compare to Xenforo. Plus, they have a brand new version 2.0 coming out which I've tested. It's awesome!!!! :D

BuzzNOC

New Arrival
FP$
mine would have to be vb. I love vb because its easy to set up the addons and themes are so easy to put together or to upload them. all around the best forum I have used

zoldos

Resident
Certainly. My main issue was the apparent lack of a lightbox display for attached images. When I clicked on an attached image, it simply opened it on top of the forum, NOT a new window. So when I was done viewing, I naturally "closed" the window, which also closed the forum window. :( I found a plugin to correct this, but it was unfinished and even after I tinkered with it, I couldn't get it to work 100%.

Secondly, there seems to be more "official" add-ons and templates for XF, not just a bunch of users posting mods. But licensed programmers creating content (at least that's how it seemed).

Also, with my XF license I have full official tech support for a year and access to the very well written Picture/Video gallery.

Other things were just minor annoyances, but I've used XF for at least 4 years and was very happy with my first license so I opted for a second! :)