• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are you can always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account to Forum Promotion by going to you account connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected and if you are part of the FP's Discord, you will automatically be given a role "Approved Users". And when ever a thread/post is created a notication will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Best Hiking Shoe Brand?

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I have had a Cabela's mid-rise hiking shoe for 5 years now and it has hundreds of miles on it!! I like to do walks/hikes that are 3-5 miles and I do them about 5 days a week when the weather is nice.

Last summer I bought a different brand shoe and I can't get them broken in. They cause blisters to form around my ankles after 2 miles so I only wear them when I do loops around my street which is a half mile in case they start to hurt.

If you do a lot of walking/hiking what brand shoe or boot that is waterproof is comfortable and lasts? Thanks!

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I like Evolv Approach Shoes. Nice grip and easily usable for some climbing.
I haven't heard of that brand. I see they're sold online but do you know which brick and mortar stores carry them to try them on? It seems every time I try on hiking shoes they're run really small.

Matthew

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Jun 28, 2010
West Virginia
FP$
I haven't heard of that brand. I see they're sold online but do you know which brick and mortar stores carry them to try them on? It seems every time I try on hiking shoes they're run really small.
Are there any outdoor shops that sell climbing gear near you? We have a climbing shop a few hours away from here. You could also look for REI Co-Ops, BAckCountry, or other outdoor retailers. Dick's Sporting Goods doesn't sell them here but they might carry them where you are if climbing is bigger.

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Are there any outdoor shops that sell climbing gear near you? We have a climbing shop a few hours away from here. You could also look for REI Co-Ops, BAckCountry, or other outdoor retailers. Dick's Sporting Goods doesn't sell them here but they might carry them where you are if climbing is bigger.
I live out in the country and the nearest outdoor store is a Cabela's about 45 minutes away. I think there is still a Dick's Sporting Goods too in the same mall. I've never heard of BackCountry so I'll google and see if there is one in the nearby city. Thanks!

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
@Lämmchen let us know what you end up going with
I like to try shoes on so I am not sure I want to risk ordering online right now to get the fit just right. Once my daughter has a day off we'll drive 45 minutes to the stores and I'll try a bunch of different brands on. Those guys at the store will hate me for it :D

Does anyone like the Keen brand?

Reactions: HamezSEO

Lämmchen

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Well, I just ended up getting the Ascend brand low rise hikers which are pretty much the same as the Cabela's brand. I ordered online since my daughter and I share a car so getting out to the mall (45 minutes away) was hard to do and that's where the shoe and outdoor stores are.

I should get them on Monday and then I'll start walking right away!! I can't wait :) I've been wearing my old shoes and keep getting blisters. I tried the new shoes I bought from over the summer and got blisters too. I think I just walk too much.