Best Sites To Promote My Forum?

D

Deleted member 44219

I know that I'm on ForumPromotion.net which is good for promoting my forum but is there any other sites to help get mine out there?

• Social Media sites, You already know that and that's your best bet to go with as most forums and site isn't that bigger to what FP is.
  • webmastersun is another site that allot of people use, But end of the day they are just as same as FP is but they don't offer things like FP does. More lick ready and posting content.
  • https://forumpromotion.net/forum/threads/the-promotion-forum-list-v2-0.158755/

D

Deleted member 44219

• Social Media sites, You already know that and that's your best bet to go with as most forums and site isn't that bigger to what FP is.
  • webmastersun is another site that allot of people use, But end of the day they are just as same as FP is but they don't offer things like FP does. More lick ready and posting content.
  • https://forumpromotion.net/forum/threads/the-promotion-forum-list-v2-0.158755/
Thanks, I'll try signing up to webmastersun. But don't worry, I won't be leaving FP.

Update: It's been a few minutes and I still haven't gotten an email, I am impatient just so you know. I might not even use the site because of how clunky and cluttered it looks. I'll find other ways to promote it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Paid social media growing, growing on Facebook pages/groups seems to be the best way. However, note that on pages, you have to grow the list - and then pay again to advertise to the list. Sort of a bummer - but the way it is. Of course, with groups, you cannot directly pay Facebook to grow them, but can get a 3rd party squeeze page and use that (or grow a list to the page and boost a post advertising the group).

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted member 44219

Your replies are all useful. Once I update my site with a new theme instead of default SMF, I’m thinking of using LinkReferral. Is LinkReferral good? I’m planning on using it to grow my forum. I have wrote a post for posting exchanges and a post for a Garnet Package which should give me a little bit of growth.

vinaya

Familiar Face
Nov 29, 2017
FP$
Forums are the best places to promote your forum. Most of the forums have marketplace/advertising section, where you can submit your forum and attract the forum users to join your site. Most of the forums also allow you to use signature and profile link. You can share your link and promote your site. I recommend Forum Coin and Beer Money Forum for forum promotion. These forums have a lot of active users.

Jon

GamingBoards.net King
Community Team
Your best bet is to build relationships with other communities similar to yours, with the same niche. First, read the rules of said community and see which type of advertising is allowed(if any). Take advantage of your avatar space, signature, profile cover image, etc. Just don't be too spammy or else it'll look desperate, you want to actually participate and provide content, don't just join to minipulate others into joining your community. Find a way to introduce your community in a creative and informative way, rather than just blasting links with the forum name beside it. Explain what your community offers, and why it stands out from the thousands of others alike.

In my opinion, posting a link to your website in another forum "advertising" board is very ineffective. Majority of people don't scroll through ads to find a forum they're interested in, they search for it, are introduced by another community member, or join through affiliates.

• Agree
Reactions: hazeldig

FindMyDIY

Acquaintance
Apr 12, 2016
www.blackhatteams.com
FP$
Social media advertising is really problematic. You can post to groups, but most are filled with people posting crappy offers and affiliate programs. Other forums are a good alternative, but some have rules against active promotion.

As you become more active and post helpful information, people will start visiting the link you can include in your profile or in a signature. These have lots of sub forums with really good advice and information.

BlackHatWorld
DigitalPoint
AffiliateFix

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Bottom line, is that Facebook - maybe other social media sites, is a good way to go (That's where so many people are at.). However, it costs cash, maybe even $200 a month or something. Anyhow, the best way to get continual traffic is to pump visitors into some sort of email or social media list (aka: Facebook Groups, Pages) - but as just mentioned, Bing, Yahoo, Google and Facebook traffic cost money.

• Disagree
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Dawn

New Arrival
Mar 15, 2019
FP$
Posting ads, regular interaction on other similar forums , social media are the three biggest ways to promote as far as I know. I don't claim to be a guru, but these have worked for me personally.
Banners on other forums attract a lot of attention and interest. Some of the forum I visit are the ones I checked out through a signature or profile link or a banner.

Gh0st4unt3r

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Sep 21, 2016
stormdevelopers.com
FP$
All of the above is good in promotions, all the usual social media, other forums, banner, pay per click / visit etc, content is really key to success, as long as you share good resource and knowledge in the niche your website is geared towards and audience you are targeting.

make sure the content is useful to those who will read the information and helps them in someway, along with being helpful in other communities to show your experience in the subjects your site is in, when you gain a good following on these other websites and good friendships these are the people that will follow you and come across to share there knowledge on your site and potentially help promote.

Gaining good reputation and giving out useful information helps others and in return they may come to help you. I'm a big believer that if you give then you will get back in return sometimes in more ways than others.

It is a challenge but hard work does eventually pay off.

BestForums

Reputable
Apr 15, 2019
advs.boards.net
FP$
It is a really hard job to promote a forum and create an active community. So try all of the methods above at the same time if you have time. Some forums have a "where did you find us?" topic. Read that topics if you see any. They are really helpful because it worked out. Apart from this sites, don't forget social media. Good luck.