Best Way to advertise a new website?

Fait

Seasoned Veteran
FP$
Hello,
So I launched my new gaming site a few days back on the 28th June it’s been really dead since it’s so new

What are some ways to get the word out?
especially to people that love gaming & forums I be also adding a blog shortly but I’m focusing on forum content at the moment

thank you,
Spudster

Xyphien

Addicted
You have a few options, if you're trying to find some instant members then joining stuff like Guilded and Discord and seeing if anyone is interested in that through normal non forced interaction (I.E. Don't just openly promote your site) works pretty well. Playing games and promoting it through there can get some new members, being active on other forums with your website in the signature can help if you're active and helpful.

If you're looking for something more long term then I'd work on building SEO, I managed to get just under 40k members on my largest site almost exclusively through SEO. Finding the right keywords and getting them ranked works wonders.

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
It's definitely pretty hard, I'm not going to lie. But I found word of mouth was the best way to advertise when starting off. Talk to people on Discord, forums etc, I found with this way got people to trust me and made them want to join.

Fait

Seasoned Veteran
FP$
Especially when a lot of people do say that forums are a thing of the past but not everyone likes Facebook so I still think with a lot of hard work it’s still possible

and I appreciate the 2 replies! :)

Fait

Seasoned Veteran
FP$
The best way is spamming forums and blogs. It is very efficient. If you do not have thick skin to endure bans and other spam preventive methods employed, take help from a digital marketing company. Some of them are very affordable.
I thought about that won’t lie,
As long as it doesn’t ruin my reputation in the long run

Divya165

Reputable
The general answer is that it depends on the product. However, there is a general formula that will provide you with the answer to your issue. However, first.

There's a tendency for first-time founders to push ahead and grab the low-hanging fruit. The study articles and watch interviews on successful approaches and strategies.

For example, take "press releases" or "email bloggers". On the surface, it seems like one should pay for PR Web or simply email the Scobalizer ( a blogger ). Have a good pitch is the most common advice. Easy enough right? Nope.

Fait

Seasoned Veteran
FP$
The general answer is that it depends on the product. However, there is a general formula that will provide you with the answer to your issue. However, first.

There's a tendency for first-time founders to push ahead and grab the low-hanging fruit. The study articles and watch interviews on successful approaches and strategies.

For example, take "press releases" or "email bloggers". On the surface, it seems like one should pay for PR Web or simply email the Scobalizer ( a blogger ). Have a good pitch is the most common advice. Easy enough right? Nope.
You are right there

GertrudRouthier

New Arrival
FP$
Emphasize quality content and on-page SEO and internal linking. Then try quality SEO instead of spammy links. Better to go with high traffic guest posts, profile links and forum links etc.

BobbyMorrison

New Arrival
FP$
I recommend doing nothing if you want to grow naturally. You don't need to advertise anything in this day and age. All you have to do is put your site up and let the social networks take care of all the promotion for you. Let people find it by searching Google with key words that are related to it.
Re: Best Way to advertise a new website?
I would just post articles on different forums asking for feedback, pop onto facebook and engage with people there who like similar things, or other bodybuilding forums and post there too. I think you can get away with spending a few hundred bucks on advertising if you want to though and not have it do any harm.
But don't expect miracles. It's still very much about the niche you're in, the quality of the site itself (in terms of articles) and the quality of your content (in terms of writing skills).
Best Way to advertise a new website?
I would use Google AdWords. It's really cheap, you can run your ads on many different platforms (Gmail, Youtube, and over a thousand partner sites), and it's easy to monitor how much you're spending. I think if you're just starting up then it makes sense to spend some money advertising the site, it'll keep you motivated to see your traffic going up. But just don't go crazy and blow off too much cash or you won't have enough to make any real improvements to your site that will eventually lead to more organic growth in the long-term. Best of luck with it!. You can check as well this site (https://marketingunfolded.com/b2b-seo-strategy/) with a lot of tips that may help you.

Last edited:

ZandraJoi

Package Team Leader Assistant
Package Team
I agree with @Pennywise. Us Admins are responsible for creating content to help get our forums off the ground & to continue to do so until it starts having a life of its own.
Doing Post Exchanges, Affiliate Exchanges, advertising on social media & other forums are good ways to get the word out. I've also resorted to good old-fashioned flyers.

Fait

Seasoned Veteran
FP$
I agree with @Pennywise. Us Admins are responsible for creating content to help get our forums off the ground & to continue to do so until it starts having a life of its own.
Doing Post Exchanges, Affiliate Exchanges, advertising on social media & other forums are good ways to get the word out. I've also resorted to good old-fashioned flyers.
Flyers are a neat idea!
I definitely know my website is useable because I’ve received good feedback!

so it’s just a matter of getting the word out.