Blog Team

Daniel James

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Hey, so it seems clear that's FP has a bit of a problem when it comes to its blog. It doesn't seem to have lots of content in it nor is it regularly updated.

I'd like to propose a blog team that can help move things forward with it. Post regular articles and use it to help market the forum.

I'd like to spear head it if possible. Could we look into refreshing the blog? It'd help the community I think.

• Agree
Reactions: Jax and Myers

Myers

Paragon
Nov 28, 2015
Plymouth
FP$
I am hopefully going to be writing a bit for the blog as apart of the ET which'll help :)

The Editorial Team use to cover both the blog and reviews back in the day so that is likely to be reincorporated than a new Blog Team.

But I 100% agree with placing emphasis on the blog again and restarting it! We are currently taking it off Wordpress and adding it to the Xenforo system through a plugin so it'll be making a comeback once it's finished soon. Keep an eye out! ;)

Jax

Addicted
Jul 28, 2011
London, United Kingdom
www.jackbaker.uk
FP$
Hey, so it seems clear that's FP has a bit of a problem when it comes to its blog. It doesn't seem to have lots of content in it nor is it regularly updated.

I'd like to propose a blog team that can help move things forward with it. Post regular articles and use it to help market the forum.

I'd like to spear head it if possible. Could we look into refreshing the blog? It'd help the community I think.
I think the question really is do we need a Blog? I understand the values of having a blog but I am not sure having a blog and forum would work. People visit here because they want to ask a question or promote their website.

I do think, that rather having a new team it could be better to have those user posts that have helped so many be featured rather than have a blog. but it is down to @MasterA

I am hopefully going to be writing a bit for the blog as apart of the ET which'll help :)

The Editorial Team use to cover both the blog and reviews back in the day so that is likely to be reincorporated than a new Blog Team.

But I 100% agree with placing emphasis on the blog again and restarting it! We are currently taking it off Wordpress and adding it to the Xenforo system through a plugin so it'll be making a comeback once it's finished soon. Keep an eye out! ;)
I agree that having the blog and forum on the same system would work out better, why? well for one the forum navigation should all look the same and so the design is universal... as for the editorial team conducting the posts I do think it should be a mix of staff and guest writers that could bring it back to speed.

And my question again is do we really need it? I have never used it so I am unsure we do.

Reactions: Myers and Hissae2

xXInfectedXx

Former Staff
Jan 30, 2015
Forum Promotion
FP$
Yes, we do need a blog. We currently have a Blog Interest Group for those who are interested for in writing for forum promotion. I submitted an Article for Forum Promotion recently and hopefully it should be published on the FP Blog soon. I'll continue to write for Forum Promotion.

Reactions: Myers

Daniel James

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Yes, we do need a blog. We currently have a Blog Interest Group for those who are interested for in writing for forum promotion. I submitted an Article for Forum Promotion recently and hopefully it should be published on the FP Blog soon. I'll continue to write for Forum Promotion.
I agree. I think it should have a blog. I think the problem with the current FP blog is it's not used enough and it's obvious that it needs some management on it really. I think the idea of having a blog team of some description is to encourage submissions from everyone and to have articles to help budding webmasters. I think a blog team should manage it, but not be the exclusive writers for it. Guest submissions play a massive part and are a huge benefit.

I think the blog needs to be updated and used as much as possible otherwise FP as a site is just not producing the content it needs to. It has great potential that isn't being used.

• Agree

Gio

FP's Greek Ambassador
Nov 16, 2011
In Thomas's Mind
FP$
The Content Team and later the Editorial Team handled the blog, both back in the day and within recent years. When I became RTL in September, I switched both the name of the team and my position to ETL to allow a future possible return of the blog and to broaden the avenues of opportunity FP could take through the ET.

Unfortunately as I'm sure @John, @Joshua Farrell, and @Cosmic can all say as former ETL's who oversaw the blog, things didn't always work out.
That's why I renamed the Review Team to the Editorial Team, since they used to handle it before. No need for a brand new team since the Content Team was merged into the Review Team to create one team serving both duties.

I think the question really is do we need a Blog? I understand the values of having a blog but I am not sure having a blog and forum would work. People visit here because they want to ask a question or promote their website.
And my question again is do we really need it? I have never used it so I am unsure we do.
It's not really a matter of it being needed, but it's another way to allow members to be able to contribute to the community, additional exposure for themselves and their sites. Being truthfully honest, I don't like these type of statements since it can be used in any type of discussion and doesn't contribute. :tearsofjoy:

Since I've taken on the Blog Interest Group as an Admin duty of mine from @Joshua Farrell , I'll be overseeing the blog while working with @Kaynil since she's the Editorial Team Leader side by side to get things situated.

Reactions: Jax

Gio

FP's Greek Ambassador
Nov 16, 2011
In Thomas's Mind
FP$
Can someone share some more light on the Blog Interest Group and ways to contribute? I'd like to take part and write for the blog but there doesn't seem to be much information about it.
The Blog Interest Group is a private group that consisted of members from the community that allowed them to discuss the blog and also contribute articles. There was an expectation to write an article and comment on blog articles monthly, which still is in the guidelines but the blog hasn't had much love at all since it fell out of use. If you're interested in joining, shoot me a PM and I'll get you added. :)

Kaynil

Paragon
Package Team
Oct 28, 2009
zeldacavern.com
FP$
Since the blog is migrating we haven't really made much noise about the Blog Interest Group. At this moment we don't have any dates for the blog. The staff is reorganising for its upcoming relaunch. Once we are ready you will hear about it and have easier ways to submit your articles for reviewing.

To be honest, I am happy to hear people interested in submitting articles. For the time being, what I can offer you guys is to feel free to PM me to register your interest for submitting an article for the Blog and we can go from there. I am willing to take a few submissions but payments and details on everything is up in the air until the blog is back so I really would recommend to wait.

• Agree

Myers

Paragon
Nov 28, 2015
Plymouth
FP$
Hopefully this'll manifest into an idea for us to implement here as the blog and members currently interested has big potential :)

The blog interest group is there for those interested at the moment though :)

John

Madly Diligent
Dec 11, 2014
America
FP$
While it is a nice thought, multiple people have tried to revive the blog over the years (myself included), and it has never been very successful. I just don't think that people on FP are interested in reading a blog.
Hobo is 100% correct. As much as I (and some others) like the blog, at this time, it's not something that we see worth the time or resources.