Solved Blog

Discussion in 'Solved Archive' started by xXInfectedXx, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx Former Staff

+384
    The FP Blog seems to pretty unactive. What can we do to encourage users to submit their content more?

Personally, I believe a small cash incentive 9r a higher GP cash reward would work out. More marketing about how to submit content would be good too

2. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,131
    There has been talks about the blogs in the passed so and so and it has been mention it's being worked on. And not to mention from other posts that I read from the community matters that others have said there input.

3. Ghost

Ghost Seasoned Veteran

+33
    Give me Content Team Lead & I'll write a couple blog posts a week & make video tutorials / cool videos related to web management :)

4. xXInfectedXx

+384
    What difference does a rank make? You do not need one. More incentives on the other hand is an idea

5. Ghost

Ghost Seasoned Veteran

+33
    It's not the title, it's the "security"
    I like to work on projects long term, not be taken advantage of.
    I own 49% of my company (Wubur) & am the Chief Operating Officer - I write articles all the time and produce videos for my own channels. I love to contribute, but I also understand how things work in life. I look at titles (on forums, in companies, in life, etc) as potential resume points and a long-term ability to contribute, not as an egotistical way to prop myself up. I would contribute without a title, and I don't need a "public title" - but I would resent the idea of contributing just to be taken for granted. To me a title isn't a way to feel recognized & established - it's a sign that the community or company I am devoting my time to believes in me and is willing to give me responsibility.

It's not about the username color, title or recognition - it's about the duty & ability to fulfill those responsibilities.
    Simply put... I could contribute without a title... but if a title or position was not given am I truly trusted to fulfill my duties? And if I am not trusted to satisfy the community, I could earn that trust - but as an adult I understand that give & take isn't always selfish. Sure, I want to take a title - but also a responsibility. And should I not fulfill that responsibility, there is no doubt in my mind that no matter how much I give, the administrators would take that title away from me. That is motivation to succeed for years and possibly multiple site owners... not a way to take advantage of a realistically pointless username color.

A title of content lead or content team member is not a prize - it is a responsibility, a series of tasks, an obligation, and a significant time commitment. Perhaps the problem with the community here is that they think username colors, titles & user groups are a prize. No, they are a burden - but should a member seriously respect that burden, then that is where the prize comes.

----
    For the record, I would be more than happy to contribute to the FP blog as a normal member. My only request is that I have full control over what I post and can provide the OCCASIONAL backlinks to my own websites / projects. I am confident in my abilities and it has been years since I have been forced into a responsibility or job I did not want. For me, I go to job interviews to survey the company & decide whether I want to be a part of it - not beg or try hard for the position. When I go into interviews I just tell them who I am and I'm honest. I used to have an anxiety disorder, but these days I am just myself. If people don't like me, I probably wouldn't be a good fit anyways. I'm more than happy to be a normal user if being part of a content team meant being a slave. I enjoy responsibility & management. However, I have my own company, my own websites, my own YouTube channels, my own Facebook pages, my own online communities, and my own life. I have a lot going on. And at this point in my life, I love to jump in to things fully - I advocate for myself & am confident in my abilities. I am almost a decade past the point where I have to "prove myself" for too long. My resume speaks for itself, and although I am 100% comfortable proving myself for a period of time to earn a title, award, position, etc, I am also 100% comfortable asking for what I want.

---
    Simply put ... I support your suggestion & hope that myself and others can contribute to the blog in the ways the community not only desires, but requires in order to be successful moving forward into the next decade. I truly hope that FP is here for years to come.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+290
    Sadly, i'm not sure if this works on FP. You can give it your all, and be fired the next day. The turnover rate on staff is insanely high on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Whistle Whistle x 1
  7. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Dinner Team Leader

+372
    Personally I think this forum needs to ditch reviews and the blog or in other words stop trying to do ten things poorly and instead do a few things well because forums don't thrive on how many things they attempt to do only how many they do well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cameron Taylor

Cameron Taylor Owner Administrator Owner

+794
    Unfortunately, offering cash rewards for everything isn't the solution to fixing things. At the end of the day, like anyone else, I'm not here to be drained dry by the day to day affairs of this community. I'll gladly invest money on different things we have going on (as I have), but we're not going to reach that point where we're constantly spending more than the revenue we're generating. I could care less about making a profit, but I care about breaking even (or close), as anyone would.

I can't speak for previous administrators, but I've never fired anyone who gave me their all.

I do agree that we should stop trying to do too many things as once, especially when it comes to offering services and stuff. We spend more time trying to provide those services, and it just becomes tedious labor. I do disagree about the blog though. I believe the blog will be a major aspect of FP soon. It'll be our homepage, and on WordPress.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
  9. John

John Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+870
    The blog has been tried soooooo many times by so many skilled individuals throughout the years. Just let it stay in the grave. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
  10. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,131
    It's been in the grave for so many months if not a year that only time it might get traffic is when new people comes alone and reads it. Most of the blogs are still very helpful till this day even that it's old and maybe outdated.

We should have blogs about sexy girls and clubs :p

11. xXInfectedXx

+384
    @Cameron Taylor - what about a higher FP$ reward then? Before we offer this, wiping the economy and starting a fresh forum currency would make it harder to reach such services which in return would give an incentive for users to post and participate in exchanges with other users. Having 10's of Thousands of FP$ isn't natural when the most expensive item in the FP$ should only costs a couple of thousand.

Slightly off-topic, but there are my two cents.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+290
    :woot:

13. Lucky!

Lucky! sudo rm -rf / Retired Admin

+573
    Please, for the love of God, do not offer $FP as a perk. $FP doesn't have any value and FP should be about trimming the amount of FP in circulation, not inflating it even more.

No it wouldn't. There has to be a value behind these things or else they aren't worth spending $FP on. As it is, the services aren't really useful. Out of every service FP has, including ad services, the packages are the most useful. The review service is no more and with ad blockers everywhere, ads aren't being seen either.

To bring back the blog would take a large amount of work. First, you need to place value behind it. Post useful articles, topics that are trending, popular, buzz words, tutorials and other topics. However, writing things like this would take real money to get any benefit out of. You aren't going to be able to expect the members to post quality topics that take actual time just for some $FP that is useless. FP needs to hire quality writers to post often. However, that would cost depending on the amount and length.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. xXInfectedXx

+384
    If the team members of Forum Promotion chooses not to listen to the loyal members and resigned staff, then you are basically pushing them away from FP. In the end, they'll find a different forum which cares about their views and this goes for ALL of the topics in Community Matters. Something needs to be done.

I'm telling the truth and this is how I honestly feel and I feel FP is heading in the wrong direction. Eventually it will just become a dead discussion board like every other forum out there.

This topic will be rejected like countless others I have made and other users have made, any answers to why suggestions keep rejected when users are in favour of them?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+290
    Cameron is trying to break even, send this man $5.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. xXInfectedXx

+384
    I'm doing okay for money, I don't need 5$. That's understandable however I'm just using this as an example. Either way, something needs to be done to the FP Blog along with the countless other suggestions made by me and other loyal users. If you don't listen to forum members, how do you ever except a forum to grow - putting the money aside? Non Monetary suggestions?

17. xXInfectedXx

+384
    Those are my two cents on FP's situation. FP should listen to it's members when their suggesting non-monetary suggestons, Ajay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+290
    Well, he's trying to break even. This might be the wrong forum for that, to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. xXInfectedXx

+384
    Probably is. I imagine Cameron won't be making a fortune of Adsense. 20$ if he is lucky, a month.

20. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+290
    Well, that was my advertising budget per month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.