Blogging Questions

Mushmellow

Addicted
Apr 3, 2016
Hell
FP$
I know most people use Wordpress for blogging but is it possible to use a forum software for that? I mean can you blog using phpbb without using the forum? I know you could do this on Woltlab Burning Board but what other forum softwares allow you to do this? Also, would you recommend this?

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Well, it is debatable based on whether or not it is included with the software, or if you can find a addon/plugin that can work on the advertised up to date version on the software site. phpBB has one similar to a blog idea https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/cmbb/ . The idea behind that one is simple enough, but I haven't tested it to see if it works the way it advertises.

I guess these types of addons can be used if one doesn't feel comfortable with a content management or blog system. I don't know if I were to recommend it, as I am not sure how using some of the addons that aren't built to be integrated with the software out of the box would work. I mean, there are a few that will work and have a seperate blog structure setup specifically for it that won't run off of the forum structure. So who knows.

dojo

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Wordpress is exceptional when it comes to SEO and you need all the boost you can get into this. I have done article writing within the forums in the past, but now I have a main website in Wordpress and a forum section in Xenforo. I plan on writing the content still in Wordpress and link to it from the forums, while linking to the most important forum threads from the blog section. Cross-linking always helps and I do like the cleanness Wordpress has compared to forums scripts, when it comes to pure blogging.