Solved Bug? Aren't Directory Listings Supposed to Default to Latest Listings?

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
I am confused on if this a bug since when I visited https://forumpromotion.net/forum/directory/ it's not showing the latest listings first. Is that the case? Or why it listed in such order?

Thanks very much in advance!
Hi @FriendlyPerson! So the listings are being displayed randomly. This is because it was better suited as it keeps the directly listings circulating which makes it better for website discovery.

If we have it based off latest items some items may be forgotten.

Reactions: FriendlyPerson

FriendlyPerson

Reputable
Feb 22, 2021
Eastern US
FP$
Hi @FriendlyPerson! So the listings are being displayed randomly. This is because it was better suited as it keeps the directly listings circulating which makes it better for website discovery.

If we have it based off latest items some items may be forgotten.
I see now, then I think the top text should be notating "Randomized Listing" or similar notating to make it clear how it's being listed in your view.

I just read the top left text and saw it said "Latest Items" so I thought I was supposed to be looking at them at the time of them being posted.

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge
I see now, then I think the top text should be notating "Randomized Listing" or similar notating to make it clear how it's being listed in your view.
I will correct that, thank you for pointing that out. I will also be adding an information box shortly as well.

I just read the top left text and saw it said "Latest Items" so I thought I was supposed to be looking at them at the time of them being posted.
Yeah I just have looked over that. Will correct shortly. Thank you for flagging that for my attention!

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Community Team
Package Team
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Thank You Badge