• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are. You will always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account by going to your account settings > connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected, you will automatically join our server (if you have already joined, you will be automatically roled). You will automatically be given the role of "Approved Users." And whenever a thread/post is created, a message will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Building a Forum Community

tdbnz

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Oct 15, 2011
christchurch Newzealand
techland.me
FP$
How to Build a Popular Forum Community in 4 Steps

1. Keep Contributing

This might seem obvious, but it’s hard to keep motivated when week after week you create new topics and try to stimulate conversation and you seem to be talking to yourself.

Get Your self into a routine of making a few posts everyday it will help you keep your Forum Fresh and New

2. Create some fake profiles

This may seem like a Bad Idea, but a little trick you can use to stimulate conversation is to create a few different member accounts each with their own personality. And Every So often use those account on forum to make forum look active and very Popular Only you will know this is happening while others think the forum is growing and getting new members this helps to build a Strong Community

This method again takes dedication because you need to keep logging in with each character and making new posts. However, it can be MUCH more effective than if it was just you making all the posts as your own identity

3. Publish content.

There are sites available that have articles you are allowed to publish on your site provided you follow their terms of use policy it can help you to grow your Forum

4. Recruit your Friends and spread the word.

Spread The Word of your Forum to Friends and Family , I know many don't like forums or know what they are but Generally though, you should have a few friends that are interested in the topic of your forum and they might help out with a post every now and then.

Don’t put to much pressure on them and be thankful for anything they contribute. You don’t want to get carried away trying to get your forum off the ground that you lose your friends because you constantly pester them to make posts or join up.

Advertise Here

Alexandoy

Familiar Face
Dec 15, 2018
FP$
I don't agree with number 2 because it is difficult to assume different personalities. In forums you establish a personality by the posts that you make mostly by the tenor of your posts. Maybe if you will be making 100 posts for each account the readers can get a feel of the similarity. I would prefer to hire a paid forum poster that could provide real opinion on their posts.

• Agree
Reactions: TechWiz18

tdbnz

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Oct 15, 2011
christchurch Newzealand
techland.me
FP$
I don't agree with number 2 because it is difficult to assume different personalities. In forums you establish a personality by the posts that you make mostly by the tenor of your posts. Maybe if you will be making 100 posts for each account the readers can get a feel of the similarity. I would prefer to hire a paid forum poster that could provide real opinion on their posts.

Correct and very true but this is a easy free method

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Step number two isn't an good idea. Making fake accounts doesn't help in the long run. What you should do is have people doing exchanges and so then the accounts are real and not fake. Get people join make posts and you do the same return or if not pay them. Older the site and the more fake accounts you have the more your members will know

Reactions: TechWiz18

overcast

Package Team Member
Package Team
Dec 27, 2018
FP$
Instead of creating fake profiles. You can ask for the packages here on forumpromotion. You can find similar paid to post services with forumwheel and the postloop. You can get lot real users. And also real human threads instead of fake profiles and bots on your forum.

D

Deleted member 44219

Although step 2 probably won't be effective today, it was back in around 2005. Reddit was founded in 2005 and what did it's creators do? They made dummy accounts to make it look like a community was growing. The method can still work today but just not effective as people have in fact caught onto these tricks but not everybody has. Even your Grandma doesn't know that they make dummy accounts. lel.

tdbnz

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Oct 15, 2011
christchurch Newzealand
techland.me
FP$
Although step 2 probably won't be effective today, it was back in around 2005. Reddit was founded in 2005 and what did it's creators do? They made dummy accounts to make it look like a community was growing. The method can still work today but just not effective as people have in fact caught onto these tricks but not everybody has. Even your Grandma doesn't know that they make dummy accounts. lel.

Very true indeed suppose not as effective now days but always worth a shot if your desperate

Jon

Networking enthusiast
Jan 29, 2016
Canada
GamingBoards.net
FP$
I agree with you for the most part. Growing a forum community in 2019 is anything but simple. It takes major, major, dedication and unbreakable commitment. Focus on your content and SEO, you need the community well exposed to new visitors, however, at the same time you have to give them a reason to stay. Standing out from the million of other forums alike can be difficult, so I say be unique, and professional, as possible. Enjoy the ride, it'll be a long one! :p

Teg

Package Team Member
Dec 7, 2010
North Pole
izimmbiplays.com
FP$
While some don’t agree with number two, I’m a believer in it and I pretty much agree with everything you have said in your initial post. For me, number two is easy because I’m a writer and I write from different perspectives all the time and I can tell you first hand that this has worked for me. That, however, doesn’t mean that it is for everyone.

Making a post schedule and sticking to it is very important I’d you want something successful. Keeping content fresh helps too. I’m also a firm believer in starting with your friends and then branching out. The reason that is a good idea is because most actual friends will help get the forum started, encourage conversation which draws in more users and the never ending cycle continues.

Reactions: JoelR