Building an Email/Social Media List for Expensive Niches

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
The hosting niche would definitely be profitable. However, building a list for it - has to cost, at the least, 50 cents per lead. In fact, it has to cost more than 19 cents per lead (what I was spending for a musical niche) and definitely more than 11 cents per lead - what cost has been cut down to recently.

Anyway, though, the sacrifice could be worth it - as expensive niches like hosting or insurance could pay off tremendously. I mean, imagine having a black book of leads like that?

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
You can build a web crawler to detect websites with slow connection speeds or other server related errors. You can set up the crawler to identify email addresses listed on the site to automatically add them to a list, or even grab a business name/number and give them a call. We did something similar for a client to identify businesses for his digital directory business & map exploring website. It's pretty tough and you can get a lot of bad results if the crawler is not designed properly, but it's definitely possible to get good leads. We were able to identify millions of businesses in America for our client. Yes, MILLIONS.

As for getting better leads, we tried out a website called Bark.com
It's a LOT more expensive than 19-50 cents per lead, but they are high quality. We spent around $130 for 10 leads. We were able to develop some positive relationships with a few of them and already finished a $1,200+ project (with a $50/month recurring service fee) from one of those leads. I am only mentioning Bark because it has proven to me that good leads can cost a lot more money ($10+ each), but if they are strong leads then it can be totally worth it. We were able to secure more than a 1,000% return on our investment!

All in all, there are many ways to identify valid email addresses and businesses.
You should try out a few different methods, make sure you are complying with the law, and if you struggle then maybe you will even consider paying $10+/lead from a really reputable leads service like Bark! :)

Last edited:

Chase.

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
FP$
You can build a web crawler to detect websites with slow connection speeds or other server related errors. You can set up the crawler to identify email addresses listed on the site to automatically add them to a list, or even grab a business name/number and give them a call. We did something similar for a client to identify businesses for his digital directory business & map exploring website. It's pretty tough and you can get a lot of bad results if the crawler is not designed properly, but it's definitely possible to get good leads. We were able to identify millions of businesses in America for our client. Yes, MILLIONS.

It's a LOT more expensive than 19-50 cents per lead, but they are high quality. We spent around $130 for 10 leads. We were able to develop some positive relationships with a few of them and already finished a $1,200+ project (with a $50/month recurring service fee) from one of those leads. I am only mentioning Bark because it has proven to me that good leads can cost a lot more money ($10+ each), but if they are strong leads then it can be totally worth it. We were able to secure more than a 1,000% return on our investment!

Another example of email marketing in my own life was when I actually "guessed" about 50,000 valid emails. What I did was take dictionary lists (just a bunch of words in a list like: hello, puppy, dog) and lists of names (ex: William, Sally, Lilly) and then manipulate them. I added numbers like '1' or even '123' to the end of each word & name... so Hello1, William123, etc. I then added those to various email services... so like Lilly5@gmail.com, Lilly567@aol.com, etc etc. I generated massive lists of hundreds of thousands of "possible email addresses".I literally had like 500,000 possible email addresses in 4 different text files. I then sold this list of "possibles" to a friend of mine for $25 per list, so $100 for 500k possible addresses. Of those addresses, just over 50,000 went through without an issue and the rest "bounced". This was many years ago, so I am sure we would have had better results today than back then. Out of the 50,000 emails we contacted, his site actually received around 10,000 unique visitors over the course of a week. My friend thought this was really cool, but he wanted to perfect the art.. So I then generated new lists with new words & names, and I tried different and more common numbers/words at the end of each. I then tried out the lists myself to figure out which were the valid ones, and I ended up with around 75,000 new valid email addresses. However, he got a notice warning him about mass mailing spam, so he didn't want to email them all and he didn't want to spend another $100. I sold him the list of 75k emails for around $50. As a 13-14 year old, I was very proud of these efforts LOL!

All in all, there are many ways to identify valid email addresses and businesses.
You should try out a few different methods, make sure you are complying with the law, and if you struggle then maybe you will even consider paying $10+/lead from a really reputable leads service like Bark! :)
As a business owner, I just hate the amount of spam mails or email lists I never signed up on, on a daily basis. Wish there was something to do about that.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
As a business owner, I just hate the amount of spam mails or email lists I never signed up on, on a daily basis. Wish there was something to do about that.
Yes, absolutely. We actually use Google's business suite tools & their mailing servers for ours. It protects us from a lot of spam and although it puts reliance on Google, it actually does help with our daily operations. We can share docs, rely on anti-spam & also not being flagged as spam, use our own @wubur.com email address, etc. So, it works out fairly well.

I don't recommend spamming random addresses. I shared that story earlier because it did technically "work", but that was when I was quite young. It's not ethical or even very successful anymore and is a great way to get blocked from many email providers. Even if you use proxies or varying email addresses to send spam mail, they will see your advertisements and eventually detect any future mail that you send legitimately as potentially spam.

Chase.

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
FP$
Yes, absolutely. We actually use Google's business suite tools & their mailing servers for ours. It protects us from a lot of spam and although it puts reliance on Google, it actually does help with our daily operations. We can share docs, rely on anti-spam & also not being flagged as spam, use our own @wubur.com email address, etc. So, it works out fairly well.

I don't recommend spamming random addresses. I shared that story earlier because it did technically "work", but that was when I was quite young. It's not ethical or even very successful anymore and is a great way to get blocked from many email providers. Even if you use proxies or varying email addresses to send spam mail, they will see your advertisements and eventually detect any future mail that you send legitimately as potentially spam.
Any application you recommend ?

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Hosting niche usually have less signups too. I mean getting 10k leads in email marketing for hosting would be big deal. That's why most hosts force it on members.
10K in hosting leads would cost $10,000 on Facebook - but might be worth it.

Right, if they're not high quality - you're going to need A LOT more to get signups. I mean, the normal rate might be 1 percent sign up - but if the product is a lot of money - it could be well worth it!

which sources you got those leads?
Right now working with Facebook.