Bump threads without replying

Puppuccino

Sponsored Content
FP$
I can't remember if this was discussed before, but is there a way to bump threads without having to reply to them?

Some forums software have a button to bump the thread, but I can't seem to see any option like that on here. Does this exist?

Gio

FP's Greek Ambassador
Not in XenForo by default, we used to have it when FP was on phpBB.

Joshua Farrell

Package Team Member
Package Team
Gamma Premium
FP$
Cookie Badge
Actually thinking about it, I just remembered that the Shop Addon we have, has an option to let people to purchase the ability. The only issue with it, is that it is individual to the topic you configure it to. So if you have only 1 topic in the promotion directory you want to bump, then it is fine. If you want to bump multiple topics, you would need to purchase multiple copies of it. Also, it doesn't take into consideration who last replied to the topic. It will literally adjust the time and date on the last published post of whoever last replied to the topic.

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
There are addons for this. My personal opinion is I’m not a fan of it, I do not like the dates being adjusted in the DB.

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
I actually have been looking for an add-on like this. Primarily when I'm trying to bump an announcement on my site. If no one has replied, I hate having to repost. I usually just delete the last post and post another. What add-on does this?

It's not really needed on FP though. I also didn't know it was in the shop.

Xyphien

Addicted
There's a plugin that does this. I have it on one of my other forums. If the admins are interested they can DM me and I can tell them what the plugin is called (I don't know it off the bat and I'm not going to spend the time to get the info if they don't want it) it's a very useful system and one that would be really beneficial for FP imho

James

Community Team Member
Community Team
There's a plugin that does this. I have it on one of my other forums. If the admins are interested they can DM me and I can tell them what the plugin is called (I don't know it off the bat and I'm not going to spend the time to get the info if they don't want it) it's a very useful system and one that would be really beneficial for FP imho
Are you referring to "Bumper" the add-on with Xenforo? I linked it below since it is relevant to this conversation. Sorry to the mods if that was wrong to post the link!

Xyphien

Addicted
Are you referring to "Bumper" the add-on with Xenforo? I linked it below since it is relevant to this conversation. Sorry to the mods if that was wrong to post the link!

Negative, after looking into it, the one I use is: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-banxix-bump-thread.8128/

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
Hi all,

I thought I would chime in here, if you haven't already please up vote the original post. By doing this, you are showing that you would like this feature to be implemented. The more up votes this feature request, then the more likely it will become reality (if of course everything passes our review).

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Upvoted! This would be an awesome feature to add to the array of what FP has to offer. :D

Noble

Package Team Member
Package Team
Gamma Premium
Should we implement this, I suggest my addon,
I have this one, works nice