Solved Changes in the Packages

Discussion in 'Solved Archive' started by Daniel, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Daniel

Daniel Seasoned Veteran

+177
    There are some changes in the works for Packages and I wanted to bring the community in on some of the changes I am making and see what you all think.

• Currently I am looking at an approximate 10% increase in package costs to adjust slightly for the amount of FP$ that is in circulation
      - Garnet was 35FP$ (or free based on membership length) now 50FP$ (or free based on membership length)
      - Emerald was 150FP$ is now 165FP$
      - Ruby was 350FP$ now 385FP$
      - Marble was 50FP$ now 55FP$ (whoa)
      - Obsidian was 160FP$ now 176FP$

• Adding an Upgrade for all posts (Garnet = 5FP$, Emerald = 50FP$, Ruby =100FP$

• Slight modification to all threads upgrades (Garnet was 5FP$ now 10FP$, Emerald was 50FP$ now 100FP$, Ruby was 100FP$ now 200FP$)

• Added a discount of 10% off the entire package request when users say "Yes" to allowing us to advertise FP on their forum.

• (not really a change) further advertising the 20FP$ users can get for just leaving a review

• Post requirement on top of the time requirement in between package requests
      - Garnet requires 3 additional posts on FP along with 7 day time period
      - Emerald requires additional 10 additional posts on FP along with the 14 day time period
      - Ruby requires 15 additional posts on FP along with the 21 day time period
      - Marble requires 5 additional posts on FP along with the 7 day time period
      - Obsidian requires 15 additional posts along with the 15 day time period

That should sum up what would be changing. Please provide feedback as none of this is set in stone and is still being discussed :)

• Whistle Whistle x 1
  2. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it just look like the prices have been raised a bit due to the inflation of $FP? :p

Package team currently has 4 members, so I think they should be able to handle the load without any price changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    And those that do have allot of FP aren't going to be using the packages system or if not most members here might not need to. It's like once if not more months that I might request an packages. Only the new sites are opening that more likely use them. Well that new members that has join the forum you have to post an good amount of content to earn your FP$ amount.. At least it's one way getting more content going so GG

4. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx Former Staff

+430
    To celebrate the changes, what about a free package week?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Princess MeowsePad

Princess MeowsePad Chocolate Foot Princess Retired Admin

+1,069
    Daniel, I feel you are doing your job well, so please do not take personally what I am about to say because I am only saying it here because it is the latest thread that I feel exhibits a trend. The trend is that staff members will create topics in the Community Matters forum about issues that mean next to nothing while continuing to discuss the serious issues on the forum (a lack of a robust advertisement campaign that leverages social media among other things, a seriously depleted staff pool, the complete lack of community) in the shadows of the private staff forums. This is tantamount to throwing the community (which is crying out for increased transparency and input in decisions) a few crumbs to shut us up. Frankly, the price of packages means very little right now because the two groups that are the most crucial to retain right now, veteran members and brand new members (mostly because there are very, very, very few people who are between there due to the fact that the forum has not retained new members over the past few years), aren't necessarily going to care about them. What they do care about is how FP is going to restore its community, attract new members who will actually stay, attract competent staff members, et cetera. Posting a few threads that openly ask for member feedback doesn't mean that you are increasing your transparency if the topics are about silly things like how topics are displayed in the Promotion Directory and how much packages cost. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
  6. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Well we had a free review week, and it still went pretty well with 2 1/2 team members.

7. Matthew

Matthew Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+127
    Snobo makes a lot of good points. I think a stronger focus would be on how to improve team retention, empower their role, and make the service viable long term. Raising FP prices is so minor and insignificant at this time that it's not going to accomplish the scope you are trying too. I like that you have enthusiasm and are taking these discussions seriously. But the FP inflation won't matter if the team keeps leaving.

lol, celebrate raising prices with free services.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Daniel

Daniel Seasoned Veteran

+177
    Yes, as I stated it's being considered to raise the prices to adjust for the amount of FP$ in circulation...

You'd think 4, PTM's could keep up but when we have 2 actually active PTM's (including myself) and others with busyness of life it is hard and we are trying.

I highly appreciate the honest feedback and I am doing all of this of my own accord. I am not sure entirely certain what the other pieces of FP are doing but I can only trust that something is happening. I think that part of my role as a TL is to bring the transparency that I can bring to the community. So far it's worked fairly well for me and it's a heck of a lot better getting feedback now then getting thrashed for it later...or worse making things worse off in this community.

Again, thank you for your feedback Matthew. I am still struggling with being able to figure out a viable way for me to improve the retention of a team such as the PT. I haven't thrown out the idea of community Package contributions...I am just trying to change one thing at a time...for my own sanity

You're joking right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Sadly, that's the current state of the staff team. People aren't always motivated to do the work.

I mean, we did a free review week, and got over 10 review requests when it was basically just RTMs, so it could be done in theory.

10. Daniel

Daniel Seasoned Veteran

+177
    If my memory serves me correctly activity struggles in the PT isn't anything new. Nonetheless, is there any further feedback regarding the original purpose of this thread?