Chrome vs Firefox

Discussion in 'Computers & The Internet' started by Alexandoy, Dec 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Acquaintance

+10
    I have read many discussions that Google Chrome is now the number 1 browser. Our desktop has Chrome and Firefox. Comparing the 2 it is Chrome for our main browser. But there are web pages that couldn't be displayed properly by Chrome but it can be handled by Firefox. Take note, just some web page of a site and not the site itself that cannot be displayed by Chrome. There are also HTTPS sites that Chrome wouldn't open but Firefox can.

Just food for thought.

2. Bryn

Bryn Paragon

+191
    Firefox. Chrome has always been a resource hog, and waaay overrated also.

Also that there's a thing called Firefox Quantum now, which is reported to be much faster than Chrome and even I can see it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  3. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+156
    It comes down to personal preference, and what you're willing to sacrifice. Firefox is easier on the memory, but it still doesn't have perfect multitouch support, so if you want to pinch to zoom it wouldn't be as smooth as Chrome.

I personally use Chrome, but i have 32GB of RAM in my laptop, so i'm not going to miss much of the RAM. :p

4. jjndig

jjndig New Arrival

+4
    Chrome, because Firefox is literally a mere shell of itself now...

5. Soopairik

Soopairik Reputable

+40
    Chrome is better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Newtflame

Newtflame New Arrival

+3
    Honestly, I have not used chrome much and prefer Firefox. It was my first choice I believer after I dropped Internet Explorer.

7. DanS

DanS Reputable

+25
    I’ve recently switched to Firefox and I love it.

Pages load quick and it has a cleaner UI. Plus, it’s made by Mozilla who are non-profit(I might be wrong so please correct me if I am)

8. tdbnz

tdbnz Reputable

+42
    I find Chrome easy and simple to use on pc and mobile

9. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+375
    Chrome all the way. I used to love FireFox but it's too feature heavy for my liking.

10. DanS

DanS Reputable

+25
    Chrome is for people who want a much better experience but it will cost resources and it's fast to adapt to.

Firefox is fast, not resource-independent and secure but it's user interface can take awhile to adapt to.

11. Cody

Cody Seasoned Veteran

+2
    I personally prefer Chrome. I love that I can link it to all of my devices and keep me logged in to everything.
    I have used FireFox in the past & I wasn't a huge fan of the way it looked. I understand why people like it though.

12. DanS

DanS Reputable

+25
    I do like rounded buttons and all but Chromes new update does not fit it at all. I also like square UI's and that's what Firefox does suit the square UI's. But hey, just my preferences.

13. Beerus

Beerus Acquaintance

+7
    I used Firefox for many years but switched to Chrome when it seemed to go down the drain. Chrome is a hog but since my computer can handle it, I am not fussed over it.

14. DylRicho

DylRicho Up-and-Coming Sensation

+63
    I ditched Chrome in 2013 and moved to Opera. Back then, I was using a laptop with 3 GiB RAM, and Chrome and Firefox were both complete resource hogs.

These days, I have 16 GiB RAM in my desktop, but I've stuck with Opera simply because it works. If I'm working with many Google Sheets spreadsheets, I'll open up Chrome. However, if it's just one or two, I won't bother. No need.

Since version 15, it has used Google's fork of the WebKit rendering engine, Blink, and so web development-wise, it is exactly the same as Chrome, and therefore superior to Safari (the other main WebKit-based browser).

As a web developer, I use all browsers to test for bugs and ensure maximum compatibility, but from my experience, I've had to make little to no changes for Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Edge (yes, that's right), compared to Safari and Internet Explorer.

Quite frankly, it's amazing that Google can take Apple's creation, and beat them at their own game.

15. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+68