Cinema is giving way to streaming

Discussion in 'Entertainment Discussions' started by Alexandoy, Dec 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Familiar Face

+17
    I have noticed among the people in my circle that most of them are now subscribed to Netflix. They said that the streaming is very convenient and practical especially for big families because the cinema ticket is now expensive at $5 per person. Add to that the snacks and you can be overwhelmed with the budget if you have 4 kids. However I don't think that the cinema will vanish although the cinema owners have to think of innovations so that they will remain in business.

2. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,193
    It's more then $5 per person. For most of us it's $10 if not more. It's not the same as going and see it on the big screens though. At home not always dark and also most don't have an very good TV. Myself I have amazon and I watch most things on my tablet. I doubt that they will vanish.

3. Cody

Cody Seasoned Veteran

+2
    Where are you getting $5 tickets from? That is crazy. I mean, I do on Tuesday nights, but that is specific to one night.
    I love going to the movies. Even when I lived in California & it was close to $50 just for me & my wife (with snacks), I still would go regularly. It is a much different experience than seeing movies at home. Some movies it doesn't matter, but for a lot of them, it is just so much better to see them in the theater.

4. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,193
    I agree I still go myself as you would not get it at home :) And also to mention I bring my own food as it's not cheap to get it at the cinema

5. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+622
    Where I'm from, movie tickets are nearly $15 a pop. Suffice it to say, I prefer Netflix and Hulu.

6. Dagex

Dagex Resident

+69
    Cinema is not giving way to streaming. A lot of people say streaming is the future but I don't believe it. Cinemas will still be around for decades to come but a lot of people are switching to streaming.