Sponsor CodeForum.ORG ~ A developers home.

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$

Site Name: CodeForum.ORG
URL: https://codeforum.org
Type:
Forum
Site Info: CodeForum.ORG was built to help developers of all skill levels. Developers can ask for help, share stories and or guides, participate in other projects, and most importantly connect with other developers.​

Intro:
Hello Forum Promotion,
I just wanted to give a brief introduction on my site CodeForum and what it's all about. CodeForum is a community for developers looking to learn, share, and create. I built CodeForum on Oct 29th, 2018 by me (Malcolm) because I wanted a place I could get help without feeling I was asking a stupid question or felt ashamed for not knowing the answer. I want to help myself, you and others succeed in their developments.

Since creating this community, I have already learned so many new tricks and continue to learn new things every single day. I have even heard some current members that they have learned a few things since being registered.

Our Future:
We won't get far without a plan, that's why I have come up with several plans that I believe will help drive site activity and encourage developers to engage.

As CodeForum grows; I plan on introducing a community-wide open source projects that anyone can participate in, no matter what your skill level is. This is a project that the community comes together on GitHub and builds apps that will help deal with real-world problems and make a difference in everyone's lives. Of course, these apps will be voted on by the community.

I also plan on doing weekly coding challenges where members of the community will be able to solve challenges using a specific coding language that will be set when the event takes place. Winners will be given a prize and badges, but this is still being worked out and further details will be posted.

Code Compiler
To help developers out, I had a online code compiler built for CodeForum. It’s very simple, write code, add input if required, run! And it’ll display. It will show errors and execution time.

You can check this out at https://ide.codeforum.org/

We also have a script which focuses more on HTML,CSS and JavaScript. This can be found at https://CodeForum.org/CodePG:

Attachments

Last edited:

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
A bit too colourful to the level of flashy. But I like how categories are organized. The green text on the chatbox is a bit annoying.
Thanks will make some improvements!

Reactions: meetdilip

Tommy M.

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 28, 2015
FP$
I like your forum and registered to it.
You are very friendly to help other members, that's a great community.

Reactions: Malcolmjr96

overcast

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Dec 27, 2018
FP$
My 2 cents as a review.

1. Theme is extremely cluttered. Please find some good theme that is less busy.
2. Please add: mobile development, web development and desktop development as sections. So specific queries go there.
3. I loved how you keep it strictly technical. Avoid off-topic threads like what you eat, what you drink, forum games etc. More technical place remains, easier for google to rank tech specific pages.
4. Take a look at hashnode and see if you can add some of the sections like it has e.g. AMA, Blog post etc.

Cheers!

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
I like your forum and registered to it.
You are very friendly to help other members, that's a great community.
I’m glad you like it! Hope to see you around more often! :)

My 2 cents as a review.

1. Theme is extremely cluttered. Please find some good theme that is less busy.
2. Please add: mobile development, web development and desktop development as sections. So specific queries go there.
3. I loved how you keep it strictly technical. Avoid off-topic threads like what you eat, what you drink, forum games etc. More technical place remains, easier for google to rank tech specific pages.
4. Take a look at hashnode and see if you can add some of the sections like it has e.g. AMA, Blog post etc.

Cheers!
1. Will make some changes! Thanks for the feedback!
2. Thanks will do! I believe this is a good idea. There’s no good section that you could put mobile development. As for web development I’ll look for ways to better serve this, as there are already sections that partly cover web development. :)
3. Thanks for the feedback! That’s what I’m hoping it’ll always stays like.
4. Perfect I’ll have a look :)

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions! Hope you decide to join!

TopSilver

Acquaintance
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
Hey @Malcolmjr96 I just joined and made a few posts. Great setup you have going there. It seems to be quite a professional layout and overall setup. Looks great. Seems like you put a lot of work into it. I'll probably come back and post some more after a while

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Hey @Malcolmjr96 I just joined and made a few posts. Great setup you have going there. It seems to be quite a professional layout and overall setup. Looks great. Seems like you put a lot of work into it. I'll probably come back and post some more after a while
I just saw you! Thanks for joining :) I hope to see you around! Hey my goal is to help developers and to help them succeed!

Reactions: TopSilver

TopSilver

Acquaintance
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
I just saw you! Thanks for joining :) I hope to see you around! Hey my goal is to help developers and to help them succeed!
Yeah no problem I will probably be active there soon. Add me on discord B-rad#8952 if your interested in possibly affiliating with my site. I would be more than happy to invite some of the people in my discord server and help you out if you post on my site and are active on Mind Piff. At the very least it would be another friend gained on discord and a fellow Xenforo 2 user. Either way good luck with codeforum :D

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
Yeah no problem I will probably be active there soon. Add me on discord B-rad#8952 if your interested in possibly affiliating with my site. I would be more than happy to invite some of the people in my discord server and help you out if you post on my site and are active on Mind Piff. At the very least it would be another friend gained on discord and a fellow Xenforo 2 user. Either way good luck with codeforum :D
Awesome thank you! And thank appreciate the feedback :)

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
I don't know if the logo is unique or has a similar one but I really like it. I like the themes. Keep posting interesting things for developers also if you can make some for newbies and a useful one. It will bring a lot of traffic to you with that domain name Im pretty sure its already reputable.
Have you seen the logo before?

Awesome thank you, I've posted a few basic guides on what HTML, CSS were and going to be releasing another soon. And feel free to join :)

Reactions: TopSilver