Community of The Month #28 - Submit Your Community/Site!

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$

Contest Information

Community of the Month is a monthly contest where members can vote on whose website or forum most deserves recognition. This contest merges two contests which we have previously held into a single contest, bringing a new take on this classic staple of Forum Promotion.

Each month, forums/sites are submitted from the 1st to the 15th, and voted on between the 15th and the 31st. Any site can be submitted, and the site with the most votes wins that month.

Submission Rules
  • You must have 15 posts on Forum Promotion to submit a site.
  • For a site to be accepted, its owner (or an administrator) must be a member of the Forum Promotion community.
  • UPDATED: You are allowed to submit as many sites or forums you want per month, so long as you are said owner or administrator of the site or forum.
  • All sites submitted must follow FP's acceptable content policy.
  • We reserve the right to accept or decline any site submitted to CoTM.
  • When a site wins CoTM, it cannot be submitted again for another two months.

Contest Prizes
  • Advertisements: The winning site will be featured on the Community Billboard for one month.
  • Sticky: Your Promotion Directory topic will be stickied for one month.
  • Recognition: A medal will be displayed on each post you make on FP for one month.
  • Free Service: You will receive one free service of your choice on FP.

Submit Your Forum, Blog, or Website

We are currently accepting submissions until 5:00 PM (11:00 PM GMT) on the 15th of July. To submit your community to this contest, please post the following form as a reply to this topic.

Code:
Site Name:
Site Link:

Reactions: Cammeh

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
I know I forgot to check and enforce rules of this in the past, but I might as well start enforcing it for the future; you cannot resubmit the forum/site that won the last 2 previous times. @JoyFreak, so your entry for your particular forum will not be valid for the next 2 months.

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
The idea is to allow people the opportunity to vote for what they believe is the best out of the current list. If one person keeps entering month after month, and you have most voting members voting month after month for that particular submission, then wouldn't it be unfair? That particular rule has been in the rules of these monthly battles, since it's original inception several years ago.

JoyFreak

Resident
Oct 20, 2017
www.joyfreak.com
FP$
The idea is to allow people the opportunity to vote for what they believe is the best out of the current list. If one person keeps entering month after month, and you have most voting members voting month after month for that particular submission, then wouldn't it be unfair? That particular rule has been in the rules of these monthly battles, since it's original inception several years ago.
I understand that. But I’m trying to understand the rule. So you’re saying if you’ve won ONCE previously, you have to wait two months to resubmit it? The confusion was you said I’d won twice before but I had only won the ONCE. Just setting that straight.

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
  • When a site wins CoTM, it cannot be submitted again for another two months.
I know I forgot to check and enforce rules of this in the past, but I might as well start enforcing it for the future; you cannot resubmit the forum/site that won the last 2 previous times. @JoyFreak, so your entry for your particular forum will not be valid for the next 2 months.
Hmm. Clearly didn't say you won the last two times. Just said that a forum/site that won in the last two months, cannot be resubmitted for 2 months. ;)