Feedback Community Team | Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Community Matters' started by CrypticMenace, May 15, 2018.

1. CrypticMenace

CrypticMenace John's Servant ✌

+317
    Now that Rick Ace isn't an admin, I don't have to worry about him shutting down 'general discussions' in the Community Matters forum :banghead:

Why is it that out of the 4 CTMs, only two are active around the community in a constructive manner or doing anything to create content? If you think about it, other than community moderation, content generation with both replies and new posts are next in line priority wise for CTMs (I know, I use to be one). However, if you look at the posts around the community, only two are actually engaged in the community.

Shout out to both Grim and Infected for being engaged in the community by welcoming new members, replying to content and posting new topics. I also want to highlight that that they both are helping with other services as well, on top of being a greenie.

The other two CTMs are just there, just being a ghost with a green username. Which is sad because there are plenty of users here that are worthy of being a CTM and would create new content to help breath some life into FP. More-so than the other 2.

Where is the leadership around this place? Who is running the show and making sure the teams are trying the best they can and can voice their opinions on matters? All the teams need to get into alignment and fill gaps in processes and come together to help one another for the best of FP. At this rate, FP will be around for another year or so...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Cool Cool x 1
  2. Champion

Champion Paragon

+327
    Easy answer here is they are all busy with IRL issues I guess...

3. Cosmé

Cosmé Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Retired Admin

+596
    So, something to note about the current staffing system: the “moderator” group is for staff who can contribute to the site in a variety of ways. One is through traditional CT-work, where they help grow and curate the community. They can also contribute by helping to lead teams or run projects. This was meant to help make roles more flexible on the staff team, so that anyone who finds a good way to contribute can stay on board, rather than being pigeon-holed into a crummy service job.

Now, that said, the expectation should be that everyone on staff is helping to make this site a better place. I don’t think we should use activity as the sole standard here, but that does not put them above accountability by the members.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Dinner Team Leader

+278
    I thought it was rather obvious no one cares at least not on the staff team. The fact this thread sat for two days without even a response from anyone on staff says enough about that on its own much less the conditions that you speak of. I wouldn't put your hopes too high on the current team because you will only walk away from it disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CrypticMenace

+317
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Champion

Champion Paragon

+327
    Just go on their Discord and message them?

7. CrypticMenace

+317
    That is probably the stupidest thing you could have posted. Let me go slide in their Discords and ask them to come read this post.

How about some logic here, and Discord isn't it. They are admins and CTMs...they should be checking the CM forum daily to see if anyone has comments, questions or concerns. They shouldn't just leave threads unanswered, no matter the context. But you're right, let me go track them down on Discord and advise them of this thread :brb:

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  8. Champion

Champion Paragon

+327
    It might sound stupid but none of them is reading this which makes this topic pointless so it does sound pointless for you to post that reply none less I am right :p

EDIT they are active If you don't have the link here it is: https://discordapp.com/channels/224237415982825472/224237415982825472

9. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Dinner Team Leader

+278
    The point he is trying to make is they should be looking after this forum as it is part of their job to care for the community. The fact that you need to go somewhere outside the forum to find the staff team that should be going to these threads on their own just illustrates my point that no one cares. If community matters don't matter to the Community Team then why call them the community team in the first place if the matters of the community don't matter to them?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. CrypticMenace

+317
    I think that has already been done :D

upload_2018-5-18_12-12-32.png

11. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Administrator Administrator

+663
    I actually would have responded to this thread yesterday, but I had stuff in the outside world that needed more prominent attention in the moment. :p

I have been working on trying to get the CT to be more active, and over the past week I have been working on collecting work related schedules and such from them to understand why I don't see a couple of them as often. I honestly do not yet know why they aren't being as active as they usually should be.

12. CrypticMenace

+317
    Josh,

I understand your position and I have worked with you in the past so I know how you operate. You are trying to be nice and accommodating, which is really nice to see. However, as you can see, the community is picking up that the lack of activity from the staff is kind of a put off. If team members cannot keep up or do not have the time to give to FP, they either need to be removed or resign.

I know one of the current CTMs has a history of joining teams and then going silent until being removed by a TL or an admin. Not the first time this has happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MasterA

MasterA Owner Administrator Owner

+634
    Thanks for your thread @CrypticMenace. As Joshua has mentioned, he has been working on getting the CT more active and we do have backup moderator applications for people who applied last time who we will hired when required. We do have backup plans to solve this issue.

14. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx Moderator Moderator

+271
    I can't talk about the other Community Team Members, but here is my view. CTM's are required to post and actively engage where possible in content, welcome members, and assist in the community matters forum. The most possible reason I can think of for the lack of activity in the team is commitments such as work, college or school.

The team members can also assist in the packages if there is a backlog, and answer any questions if any new members have any. I do work full-time outside Forum Promotion, but I'm trying my best to dedicate my spare time to the community to help webmasters become successful in what they do most.

Thanks @MasterA for your input.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Löis

Löis Reputable

+51
    I can certainly see where you're coming from. Whilst things do, sadly, crop up in real life which must take precedece and thus taking you away from online commitments, when you're a staff member it is important that you highlight these issues and take authorised time away from your duties.

I myself have had a personal situation crop up this past month, which has taken me away from FP and other communities but as a member that was fine. However, if such a situation arises when a member is a staff member on a site, they must try to uphold their role at least partially whilst dealing with their personal situations.

The Community aspect of the Moderation Team does appear as low, yes, but we don't publicaly get told if stated staff members are on leave or not due to personal complications.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx Moderator Moderator

+271
    @Empire has joined the team here at FP, a new addition the team members. The moderation team, and the administration team are working really hard to make Forum Promotion best place for everyone. I can't speak for the other moderators, but I personally see this as an issue so I'll be making an effort to make atleast 3-5 posts a day outside of service areas as staff should be setting an example for the members, at the end of the day we don't want FP to die.

Keep the feedback coming!

• Like Like x 1