Consequences in Law Enforcement

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Considering that they lead to jail time - maybe even years or life, why do so many people continue to commit crime? In fact, some continue to commit it, even after given much mercy via probation and light sentencing. What is going wrong?

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
why do so many people continue to commit crime?
Well. That's because some people think that it's better than a regular job. Take for example, thieves that are conmen, frauds, and bank account hackers. They believe that it brings in greater rewards, excitement, and money. To them it's easier to rip someone off for all of their earned income than it is to go out and put in the long hours to get a pay check. Some people do it out of desperation and cannot find another solution. Some women turn to prostitution because they make more money then you or I do in a week's pay.

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Well. That's because some people think that it's better than a regular job. Take for example, thieves that are conmen, frauds, and bank account hackers. They believe that it brings in greater rewards, excitement, and money. To them it's easier to rip someone off for all of their earned income than it is to go out and put in the long hours to get a pay check. Some people do it out of desperation and cannot find another solution. Some women turn to prostitution because they make more money then you or I do in a week's pay.

It always boggles my mind how someone can do something minor and get big time - while these Mafia types do the worst things with no fear of jail. I really think that a lot of criminals have some demonic protection over them. Well, I kind of know what that's like. You become so full of yourself that you literally think you're invincible.

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
I should be able to answer this question as we have a criminal in the family but I'm only really familiar with heroin addiction so I can say without a single doubt that the need for the drug outweighs getting caught stealing and going to prison. It takes everything and destroys it. I suppose this can be applied to any addiction.

• Useful
Reactions: Jason76

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
It always boggles my mind how someone can do something minor and get big time
Yes. I've heard of those stories where they've locked people up in the US for selling 20 dollars worth of weed for almost 20 years. But child molesters get out of prison in less than 5 years. That's some real justice there.

You become so full of yourself that you literally think you're invincible.

I used to feel that way when I was younger. But my confidence has fallen so far from the horse that I myself have self esteem and depression issues in my mid 30's.

Laifot

New Arrival
Apr 12, 2021
FP$
People want to solve their lives the easiest way possible sometimes also, there are exceptional cases where the offender really needs the money or whatever it is that they're stealing..

Lazyness is the mother of 50% of the crime rate :p

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
I should be able to answer this question as we have a criminal in the family but I'm only really familiar with heroin addiction so I can say without a single doubt that the need for the drug outweighs getting caught stealing and going to prison. It takes everything and destroys it. I suppose this can be applied to any addiction.

Speaking of which. It all started with our divorce. My ex wife got into meth in the summer of 2020 from a boyfriend she was living with at the time. Her sister, who has a long history of drug abuse, contributed.

She hasn't been arrested yet. But she's been in and out of hospitals because her parents told me that she OD's. Her mom wants her to get arrested and sent to prison so they can get her off of the drugs. She also thinks that'll clear her head and make her think straight. Every time they make her go to rehab, she checks out and leaves. They say they've tried everything to get her straight.

When I was with my ex wife for 11 years. She didn't have drug abuse problem. What she did do have was a slight drinking problem with whiskey. Every once in a while she'd go hang with her friends and smoke weed. But that's all she did. I almost fell over when she told me she was doing meth and that I needed to take full responsibility of the kids because she couldn't and that she was going to quit. My depression deepened after that. Now it's 2021, she's still in meth and she doesn't have a stable life at all. The woman I fell in love with was a strong independent woman who was smart and had plans. She used to be a hard worker and she taught me so much. But this.....this is just ridiculous. I have never seen anyone, someone including her fall so hard. She's so addicted to meth that she can't get off of it.

Her mother complains that she doesn't even recognize her anymore. That she's a shell of her former self. It's very sad that she chose that life over being a mother to the 2 kids I'm raising on my own.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprite1950

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
Speaking of which. It all started with our divorce. My ex wife got into meth in the summer of 2020 from a boyfriend she was living with at the time. Her sister, who has a long history of drug abuse, contributed.

She hasn't been arrested yet. But she's been in and out of hospitals because her parents told me that she OD's. Her mom wants her to get arrested and sent to prison so they can get her off of the drugs. She also thinks that'll clear her head and make her think straight. Every time they make her go to rehab, she checks out and leaves. They say they've tried everything to get her straight.

When I was with my ex wife for 11 years. She didn't have drug abuse problem. What she did do have was a slight drinking problem with whiskey. Every once in a while she'd go hang with her friends and smoke weed. But that's all she did. I almost fell over when she told me she was doing meth and that I needed to take full responsibility of the kids because she couldn't and that she was going to quit. My depression deepened after that. Now it's 2021, she's still in meth and she doesn't have a stable life at all. The woman I fell in love with was a strong independent woman who was smart and had plans. She used to be a hard worker and she taught me so much. But this.....this is just ridiculous. I have never seen anyone, someone including her fall so hard. She's so addicted to meth that she can't get off of it.

Her mother complains that she doesn't even recognize her anymore. That she's a shell of her former self. It's very sad that she chose that life over being a mother to the 2 kids I'm raising on my own.
Yes that's the thing with drug abuse, it turns a person into someone totally different. Sending them to prison will clean them up temporarily but they usually fall back into their old lifestyle as soon as they are released which has happened to my granddaughter's mother. Some people just cannot be helped.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Yes that's the thing with drug abuse, it turns a person into someone totally different. Sending them to prison will clean them up temporarily but they usually fall back into their old lifestyle as soon as they are released which has happened to my granddaughter's mother. Some people just cannot be helped.

I'd love for my ex wife to be clean. It'd be great for the kids if she got off the drugs and got her life back on track. But everyone I've talked to just said that'll never happen. A lot of people have said that meth is almost impossible to get off of. I'm starting to think they're right.

Reactions: sprite1950

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$

I hope she gets treatment and you all get back together. I mean, everybody makes mistakes. Now, my family is of the opinion that if something is too difficult, then screw it. But that's not a good way I think.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
I hope she gets treatment and you all get back together. I mean, everybody makes mistakes.

It wasn't just the pills and meth that contributed to our divorce. For 9 out of 11 years, we had a toxic marriage. Problems that I tried to fix and work with her on basically went unsolved and therefore we had a plethora of problems piling up. Sometimes when a marriage or relationship gets that toxic. The only thing that solves the problem is breaking up or a divorce. It's not easy and still isn't. But most of the problems me and my ex wife had are solved. That doesn't include our personal issues. Just what was going on between us.