CPU Overclocking

fahadkhan

New Arrival
Dec 31, 2020
FP$
Hi everyone. Just wondering if every is ok with my overclocked cpu... my question is that sometimes (rarely) my pc wont start normally the fans spin, then the computer will start again and go to the bios. After that a message is prompted saying that I should consider a "regular" configuration, which I assume is setting down the frequency of the cpu. I've ran various test for several hours with occt and core temp to test the voltage stability and the temperature of the cpu and everything has been good. Just wondering is this normal or what do you guys suggest me to do? Thanks!!

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$

TopSilver

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
Are you running Windows? After certain Windows updates I notice my laptop behaves poorly and it's a fight to get it to boot up properly.

Windows updates seem to be better now but there were times in the past where I even had to edit the systems registry just to get my keyboard to work. Which is quite a shame. I remember when that happened a Windows update caused my keyboard to shutdown and I had to use the on-screen keyboard to fix it.

Not sure what the OP's issue is though. I will say that it may be some type of RAT or spyware that's possibly hogging resources. If you think there's no reason for it, I would say then it's likely there isn't and something on your PC is hogging resources.

I suggest using a program called Adwcleaner. Do a quick search in google. It's called "Adwcleaner" exactly like that. It's the best way to clear out any spyware or issues on your computer. It's free and fast and there's not many other programs quite as good. What it mostly does is clear out any type of resource hogging. If there are any issues found then you'll know that's what it was. If there isn't then you may want to opt for a Windows reinstall.

Reactions: Cumulus

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Thank You Badge
Not sure what the OP's issue is though. I will say that it may be some type of RAT or spyware that's possibly hogging resources. If you think there's no reason for it, I would say then it's likely there isn't and something on your PC is hogging resources.
Yeah, if there's something blocking booting it could well be some infection: Running a check would be a good measure if you can get it to boot at all @fahadkhan

Reactions: TopSilver