Creative Staff Forum Names

Discussion in 'Forum & Website Management' started by Cosmic, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Cosmic

Cosmic Manners maketh man Retired Admin

+805
    Do you give your staff forums creative names? :)

Usually I like to name mine after locations based on a theme. I'm not about to tell you what names I use specifically, though, as that's part of the fun. :p

Anyway, one of the reasons why I bring this up is that I think this is an interesting way to add a certain fun aspect to being a staff member on a forum. Makes it feel more special, know what I mean? :)

Do you do this? Any names you'd like to tell us about?

2. Cyber

Cyber Resident

+37
    I usually tend to go along with why the forum is about, sometimes I'll make separate forums for moderators and like let's say the review team to discuss matters that are only accessible to them and admins

3. Migi

Migi Phantom Thief Lv. N00B Retired Admin

+339
    Creative public forum names is a must, in my opinion, but never heard of specifically creative staff forum names. Since it's hidden and only viewable to particular groups, it is not high priority to make it so unique. Although for the sake of consistency, it should be made as creative as the public forum names.

I'm curious about what you mean by "creative", though. "Based on locations on a theme"? That sounds confusing. :p

4. Hissae2

Hissae2 Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+331
    I use "Staff Lounge". I don't see any reason to be any more creative than that as it is outside of public view.

5. pandaa

pandaa Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2
    I've always liked to use "Area 51" for my admin forum, I don't know why. :p The rest of the forums get pretty bland names though.

6. Cosmic

+805
    I actually feel that with staff forums, I can be more creative with names than public ones, because you don't have to worry about people getting confused by the names.

7. Matthew

Matthew Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+7
    I tend to use inside jokes, a bit more relaxed language, and a bit of creativity when naming hidden staff only sections. I'll also place the forums in random locations as it's a bit of fun for the staff.

8. Gray

Gray ♥AsunaIsBae♥ Valued Contributor

+31
    Been there, done that. ^^

I believe I've also used names like "Staff Lounge", "Staff Room", etc. All are pretty basic. :cry:

9. Teg

Teg Package Team Member Package Team

+91
    The staff forum on most of my forums is usually "Staff Lounge." If you are referring to each individual forum's name, it is usually dependent upon the type of forum that it is. If you are referring to user groups and ranks, the same rule applies.

10. Cosmic

+805
    Y'all are pretty boring. :p

Anyway, I recommend being creative with this. With staff forums, you really do have room to unleash your creativity without confusing too many people.

11. Migi

Migi Phantom Thief Lv. N00B Retired Admin

+339
    Been to a forum, a section for moderators is titled "Moderators", a section for global moderators is titled "Global Moderators". I believe the admin room is also titled "Administrators"!

But anyway, I honestly believe people can be more creative with forum titles, public or private. What do we have the descriptions for? I remember Red Herring once gave his category/forum names weird one, but put common translation in bold at the description. People seem so afraid to try new things, apparently.

12. Forces of Steel

Forces of Steel Resident

+1
    Eh, we just state the obvious. It's not like members and guests will even see it.

13. Thomasss

Thomasss Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+171
    My admin board is called the "Itchy Witchy Smurf Ward" since the admins are blue, and then for my mod team its the "Green Apple Smugglers". :lol:

I have to have creative staff names, it's no fun otherwise. :(

14. Rich Edmonds

Rich Edmonds Paragon

+0
    I tend to give them rather humorous names. I feel the need to, especially if you're managing a busy community with a bucket load of moments where your presence is required. Every little thing you can do to at least make your team's login time less stressful is always a bonus. I always enjoy switching them up for festive holidays and other special occasions.

On the flip-side, there are administrators go for rather obvious names simply because it's staff-only.

15. Cierra

Cierra Retired Staff

+97
    Ours aren't that funny/creative but they're a little different than Staff Forum I guess.

16. Kik

Kik Valued Contributor Valued Contributor Forum Sponsor

+21
    I'm boring :laughing: I just use "Staff Forum" and "Admin Forum" haha.

17. Maroon Caludin

Maroon Caludin Paragon

+24
    Well on mine I went with a ferret theme (what a shock). For the ranks I use ferrets, the emoticons are also ferrets, and the admin rank is ferret queen and the moderators are ferret army. XD

18. Smokey

Smokey Paragon

+77
    I put "The Goon Squad Locker Room" once :p