Critique my new forum

EasyPete

Acquaintance
FP$
Ladies and gentlemen I welcome your critique on my new general chat forum. I went even a step further and used a dot page as a tld. Please let me know what you guys and gals think and where I could use improvement or change. Thanks!

iTalk.page

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Well. So far I like it. The layout and your banner is really good. It's a good start for a forum you just cooked up.

I like how you have pictures for your forum categories. Everything on the page looks nice and clean. Looks professional. 👍

EasyPete

Acquaintance
FP$
Well. So far I like it. The layout and your banner is really good. It's a good start for a forum you just cooked up.

I like how you have pictures for your forum categories. Everything on the page looks nice and clean. Looks professional. 👍
Awesome and thanks. I was hoping it wasn’t too much in a way that took look of a forum away. As for the pictures and banner I paid for each image so this way I don’t have to worry about any kind of copyright issues.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
As for the pictures and banner I paid for each image so this way I don’t have to worry about any kind of copyright issues.

Copyright is a pain in the neck these days especially on Youtube. I think's it good that you dealt with that while you were putting your community together.

EasyPete

Acquaintance
FP$
Copyright is a pain in the neck these days especially on Youtube. I think's it good that you dealt with that while you were putting your community together.

Yes it sure is. I learned the hard way. This is also why I have a designated DMCA agent and a dmca policy to deal with such things. If there's a copyright issue they'll contact my lawyer that deals with that stuff and he'll tell me to take down the copyrighted material. Plus I save myself from dealing with the legal aspects. Granted I know on a dead forum I really don't need to worry about copyright issues but for a real tiny fee annually it's worth it regardless.

EasyPete

Acquaintance
FP$
Oh no. What happened?
Long story...
It looks really sharp!
Thanks!
It does look nice but I have a couple of suggestions.

I think the header area is too large, maybe try moving the image in the logo alongside the text to reduce the space it takes up.

Some forums are empty, you should probably try to create content in every forum.
For the header I had to make to make it large in order fit the whole background image in. As for the logo it automatically goes towards the left. Too much work to get into the css and start coding. As for the empty forums I just put online yesterday. I'm not advertising it to the public yet until I fill it up with content. I was more curious about the look and feel of the style. Thanks!

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
I was going to say I have seen your name and seen your posts on the topics from the invasion community site, the site does look good and over time you will improve and just it as you grow with members :) I like the images and are the images very small on disk size and not heavy on the user end while each traffic loads the site's resources.

I use https://gtmetrix.com/ to see what slows it down and what are large files needs to be dealt with. As I look around the site is super fast anyway :) and You should able to have a nice footer with quick links to things, and that will be good, IPS focus theme right :)

I do not how that works anyway when paying for things, like images you mention does not always mean you have the full copyright. I mean anyone can go online and buy the same image worth $5 and with a gallery page people always upload images and as always you have to have so and so DMCA and rules in place but even that images have uploaded the person who uploads it has the right of the copyright. Same with themes and music, unless you made the song and or custom theme.

I say the site is ready to get content going my man :)

EasyPete

Acquaintance
FP$
I was going to say I have seen your name and seen your posts on the topics from the invasion community site, the site does look good and over time you will improve and just it as you grow with members :) I like the images and are the images very small on disk size and not heavy on the user end while each traffic loads the site's resources.

I use https://gtmetrix.com/ to see what slows it down and what are large files needs to be dealt with. As I look around the site is super fast anyway :) and You should able to have a nice footer with quick links to things, and that will be good, IPS focus theme right :)

I do not how that works anyway when paying for things, like images you mention does not always mean you have the full copyright. I mean anyone can go online and buy the same image worth $5 and with a gallery page people always upload images and as always you have to have so and so DMCA and rules in place but even that images have uploaded the person who uploads it has the right of the copyright. Same with themes and music, unless you made the song and or custom theme.

I say the site is ready to get content going my man :)

Thanks for the input and yes I'm on invision all the time asking how do I do this or that lol. I really appreciate your opinion and thoughts on my look. As for my theme I use ipsfocus.com. He has some great fast loading themes and he's very helpful with any advice you need on how to edit this and that. I love forums and always did. I was out of the loop for around 12 years and before then I had a pretty busy active forum for a few years until I sold it because I had no to time to dedicate to it anymore. I got back into the scene this past December only because I have lots of time now to dedicate fortunately for me and so here I am once again.

As for the images that I use including my header I signed up at Shutter.com and paid for one of their plans to use the images submitted by authors on my site but not distribute etc. I figured that might save me with copyright issues in regards to those images. Supposedly they are guaranteed by Shutter and as long as you pay you could use them on your site but not to redistribute. By the way you have a great looking site! Thanks bro!

EasyPete

Acquaintance
FP$
Looks good, and you have a colourful and happy theme. And I think IPB is an excellent choice of forum software for your kind of forum genre with its heavy emphasis on user profiles and social features. And it's just going to be better when they their release their achievement system later this year.

Good luck with your new community!

I took a real liking for IPB. Don't get me wrong I like Xenforo too but they don't do it for me. Thanks!

Last edited:

EasyPete

Acquaintance
FP$
It's a good start to the look & feel of a forum. It's good you have some threads started & asking questions for future members.
If there’s one thing I learned in the past is that threads with questions is one way to get guests to register and engage. Obviously it also helps to traffic but that comes in due time. Another thing I learned is that patience is a must for new forums.