• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.

Solved Custom Fields for Community Matters

• Thread starter Deleted member 25872
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25872

Looking through the archives of the suggestions, it seems that a lot of them don’t have much structure and I feel it would benefit if the administration team implemented custom fields that a user is required to fill out when posting in this forum. For example.

1. How can we help? (Drop Down)
1. Suggestion
2 Bug
3. Question
4. feedback
5. Other

2 please include a screenshots and attach the file below: (optional field)

3. Additional information? (Text box)

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Looking through the archives of the suggestions, it seems that a lot of them don’t have much structure and I feel it would benefit if the administration team implemented custom fields that a user is required to fill out when posting in this forum. For example.

1. How can we help? (Drop Down)
1. Suggestion
2 Bug
3. Question
4. feedback
5. Other

2 please include a screenshots and attach the file below: (optional field)

3. Additional information? (Text box)

May I ask how it would benefit us more to have those fields? We already have prefixes which is a big help to know what the topic is about before clicking on it.

D

Deleted member 25872

May I ask how it would benefit us more to have those fields? We already have prefixes which is a big help to know what the topic is about before clicking on it.
I just feel it would help keep suggestions and these types of topics tidier, rather than having one large paragraph. I'm not sure what everybody thinks of this idea. It's worth discussing.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I suppose it would look crisper...but then again the one long paragraph would still be added within the "other" field? LOL I laugh because I can see myself doing just that.

Puppuccino

Sponsored Content
FP$
I don't think having extra fields is necessary, people just need to explain things better so it's understandable as to what they're reporting. I don't think having fields will improve this. In my experience it can make it harder to triage things.

D

Deleted member 7467

I can't wait to completely ignore the form and continue to go about things the same way I've been doing it for years. Great suggestion

D

Deleted member 25872

Has anybody else got any other input on this matter?

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I'm going to archive this since it didn't get much favorable response. Maybe in the future it will be implemented to have a more professional look.