Deadly Diseases - Do they deter you from things?

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
When I was a kid and a teenager, HIV was a death sentence - but now it's treatable, though not curable - and nobody hears about it. Nonetheless, it still should be a strong deterrent against "fooling around" with anything that moves! Of course, I am speaking of either gay or straight.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
No it does not deter me for the simple reason is that anything can kill you. It's better to take a chance and live and enjoy your life.

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin." - Grace Hansen

Reactions: ZandraJoi

Martee

Package Team Member
Package Team
Jul 16, 2011
Coventry, England
FP$
Nah, I'm of the same attitude as @Terminated. I'm gonna die anyway at some point, might as well enjoy whilst I can. I travelled to three countries last year in the height of COVID (as restrictions allowed at the time). I was either gonna catch it or I wasn't, wasn't going to let it stop me actually enjoying life, especially after the rubbish year it's been.

sprite1950

Reputable
Mar 31, 2021
FP$
I have protected myself from Covid by sticking to the rules as much as possible but I live with a school age child so my chances of getting are higher than a normal 70 year old. I don't hide away though and we both take lateral flow tests twice a week.

I am very pro vaccination. I have been vaccinated against everything going and I'm still in amazing health. I have no problem with taking the vaccine and I had AstraZeneca the one where there was so much doubt about its side effects and efficacy. I'm just glad my parents vaccinated me against the more serious diseases like smallpox and polio as I saw the damage these could cause. They were still around when I was little.

I never worried about HIV ever because I clued myself up on it and knew the risks. It wasn't exactly like a pandemic, it was more a question of protecting yourself through safe sex.

I was reading an article which said a little fear of death is healthy because it stops you taking risks in life that could kill you.

Reactions: Lämmchen

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Something else to think about. If a deadly disease doesn't kill you. Something else always can.

• Car accident
  • Suicide
  • Someone could break into your home and murder you. They're even more successful if you're against guns and the 2nd Amendment. Meaning you don't own a firearm. Especially if the person knows you and knew you didn't own a piece. Most murderers know their victims.
  • You could be unfaithful, by cheating and lying, and your girlfriend slits your throat in your sleep. *Jodi Arias*
  • Theme park accident via roller coaster or some ride incident
  • You could choke to death on your food
  • You could get drunk and go drown in your swimming pool *Rodney King style*
  • You could go swimming in the ocean and drown
  • Drown in a river by being pulled under from a strong current.
  • Shark Attack in the Gulf of Mexico
  • Alligator attack in Louisiana, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, or Georgia.
  • You could die from a bowel obstruction
  • Heart failure
  • Kidney failure
  • Diabetes
  • Go to prison and piss off an inmate and get shanked or beaten to death.
  • You could get struck by lightning
  • You could die in a house fire
So on and so forth.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
Something else to think about. If a deadly disease doesn't kill you. Something else always can.

• Car accident
  • Suicide
  • Someone could break into your home and murder you. They're even more successful if you're against guns and the 2nd Amendment. Meaning you don't own a firearm. Especially if the person knows you and knew you didn't own a piece. Most murderers know their victims.
  • You could be unfaithful, by cheating and lying, and your girlfriend slits your throat in your sleep. *Jodi Arias*
  • Theme park accident via roller coaster or some ride incident
  • You could choke to death on your food
  • You could get drunk and go drown in your swimming pool *Rodney King style*
  • You could go swimming in the ocean and drown
  • Drown in a river by being pulled under from a strong current.
  • Shark Attack in the Gulf of Mexico
  • Alligator attack in Louisiana, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, or Georgia.
  • You could die from a bowel obstruction
  • Heart failure
  • Kidney failure
  • Diabetes
  • Go to prison and piss off an inmate and get shanked or beaten to death.
  • You could get struck by lightning
  • You could die in a house fire
So on and so forth.
Most things you listed have mitigation strategies that are common sense and easy to implement. Same thing for deadly diseases.

Don’t want aids? Use protection.
Have aids? Take your medicine.
Don’t want heart disease? Exercise and eat healthy.

Just because you will die doesn’t mean you need to abandon common sense. So on and so forth.

Reactions: sprite1950

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Just because you will die doesn’t mean you need to abandon common sense. So on and so forth.

Speaking of which. A lot of people don't have any common sense. I've seen a lot of car wrecks that could have been completely avoided and fortunately no one was hurt. But it happened because someone had their head up their a** and wasn't paying attention. A lot of people just don't need a drivers license because they could get someone killed and the one's that did should have theirs revoked permanently because they can't be trusted with it.

• Agree

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
Speaking of which. A lot of people don't have any common sense. I've seen a lot of car wrecks that could have been completely avoided and fortunately no one was hurt. But it happened because someone had their head up their a** and wasn't paying attention. A lot of people just don't need a drivers license because they could get someone killed and the one's that did should have theirs revoked permanently because they can't be trusted with it.
Hundred percent agree. Thank you for supporting my point. Mitigation strategies are easy. Same thing with deadly diseases. Don’t have to live under a rock to use your brain and increase your survival odds