Solved Delete the Community Matters forum or restrict it to staff posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
Basically, if you speak out against the staff team, or you share opposing views you'll be punished.
It makes me sad to think this is the case, but this is more and more the impression that I am getting.
My beef is also that they restrict your permissions, but don't give you a clear reasoning as to why. And if you ask questions, they don't even reply to your PMs.
Yeah. They have yet to find the right balance. Yes some people are causing huge trouble and need to be stopped. But that doesn’t mean that everyone who says anything remotely skeptical of the current course should be silenced. This should be easy. Mods should focus on being constructive, smart, open, and chill, not oppressive and disciplinarian.
I've seen much worse remarks made in the past 24 hours targeting people of a certain group over "starting a debate".

Reactions: Cosmic

Azareal

Paragon
I'm not quite up-to-date with this, but if they have a certain reasoning for things, then they could probably communicate it a lot better than they are now. The troll we all know was a pretty clear cut case, although some comments while not entirely bad did seem like they were pushing it slightly, e.g. making fun of someone, perhaps playfully? I'm not sure.

There's a balance to be struck and there probably needs to be a bit of a stronger consensus on what is acceptable. This is probably a particularly confusing matter as we had a very long period of time where people could essentially get away with doing whatever they wanted with no meaningful consequence.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Seriously though, this is the reply you get when you ask about the thread reply ban.

View attachment 6508

#ThisAintItChief
I also got a reply similar to this initially yesterday. I want to be constructive, I really do; my recommendation is for staff to be a lot more professional here, and to actually look to the rules in what they enforce. If they can’t answer the question “what rule was broken” they probably shouldn’t take moderator action.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
Well, they claim I detailed the topic. But how is that possible when they brought up Tapatalk the first place? And I didn’t receive a warning beforehand, or a “friendly reminder”.

• Informative
Reactions: Princess MeowsePad

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Well, they claim I detailed the topic. But how is that possible when they brought up Tapatalk the first place? And I didn’t receive a warning beforehand, or a “friendly reminder”.
Again, your reply ban to that topic wasn’t about you talking about TapaTalk necessarily. It was about how you were talking. For example, you replied with “Do you even know anything about TapaTalk’s scandal?” I asked you to stop replying to that topic if you weren’t discussing our app, and you continued, by responding with “Welcome to the 21st century” and “Looks like I struck a nerve.” There’s nothing remotely constructive about that.

Since then, you’ve went through and soft deleted the vast majority of your replies to that topic, which doesn’t really make much sense, since I quoted you in most of my responses to you anyways.

While I do agree that my one sentence response to your PM could have been more professional, I disagree with this argument that I didn’t follow the Moderation Policy. You were asked to stop responding to that topic. You ignored my request. I banned you from replying to the topic.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Again, your reply ban to that topic wasn’t about you talking about TapaTalk necessarily. It was about how you were talking. For example, you replied with “Do you even know anything about TapaTalk’s scandal?” I asked you to stop replying to that topic if you weren’t discussing our app, and you continued, by responding with “Welcome to the 21st century” and “Looks like I struck a nerve.” There’s nothing remotely constructive about that.

Since then, you’ve went through and soft deleted the vast majority of your replies to that topic, which doesn’t really make much sense, since I quoted you in most of my responses to you anyways.

While I do agree that my one sentence response to your PM could have been more professional, I disagree with this argument that I didn’t follow the Moderation Policy. You were asked to stop responding to that topic. You ignored my request. I banned you from replying to the topic.
Thanks for giving us the reason here. If this had been sent privately as a reminder after the ban was made, then there would be much more clarity here. It is in part the uncertainty as to why decisions like this are made that make us so concerned about censorship. The standards are not communicated very well. The moderator guidelines are there to help you as the moderator too. Yes, you’re the owner, you can delete anything you want. But that doesn’t mean you should — if you follow the process, then the situation will play out much better for everyone.

Reactions: Ajay and TechWiz18

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
I asked you to stop replying to that topic if you weren’t discussing our app
Where? Can you point this out for me? Your posts weren't deleted and I see nowhere where you specifically mentioned those words.

Again lol. I see nowhere were you told me to stop replying or derailing the thread until the VERY last post you made.

My job isn't supposed to be professional on here, that's your job. You failed to do so when I PMed you.

Last edited:

Princess MeowsePad

Chocolate Foot Princess
@Cameron Taylor Dude, I'm a little concerned about you. You seem to be laying into people a lot lately and then regretting it later. No judgment. We've all been there. I'm sure it's really stressful for you right now since you still are fairly new to being the owner of FP, so maybe you should defer the bulk of dealing with users to someone like @Ash who has shown a great ability to stay calm in difficult situations at least until you get your footing a little more. While I can certainly understand the stress that is on you right now, some of the responses that you've given to members have done very little to raise the extremely low morale on FP.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
Also to point out,

https://forumpromotion.net/forum/threads/question-concerns-about-content-being-deleted.160085/

This thread was closed, as Jerlene was replying so i couldn't even respond to her post. I don't believe censoring people who speak out against the staff team is the right move, as it'll just make you guys look bad. Next, Matt created a PM that was about censorship, which you decided to permanently leave which led to the topic being created and going on for hours yesterday. Again, your fault. We could've resolved it through PM if the staff team even bothered to reply.

Rick Ace

Seasoned Veteran
The original purpose of this topic was as follows:

there is no reason for Community Matters to be here. Either delete it or restrict it to staff posting, since the staff members are the only people who have any input whatsoever right now anyway.
There are currently no plans to delete Community Matters or restrict it to staff posting only. Instead, work will be done to improve communication within this forum. I have to agree that this part of the forum often looks like a whirlpool. So, work will have to be done on that part.

As the original topic has been discussed, it is time to mark this as solved. We generally want titles of the threads to be relevant to the actual content. I do see other discussions going on, but it would be better organized to have separate threads for those. Thanks.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ajay
Status
Not open for further replies.