Delete your history?

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Nope, I want my PC to able to remember what I last did just in case that I can't remember and need to go back to it at the later date and also I'm the only person that uses my PC gear and no oneelse. End of the day I have nothing to hind and so I do not worry about it.

Not like the FBI is coming to get me :p also, they can still able to retrieve it after you delete it.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I don't delete my history to hide anything from anyone. Eventually I do go through and clear things out if my browser starts to slow down too much and I'll even go through and clear most of the cookies from time to time.

Empire

Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I don't delete my history to hide anything from anyone. Eventually I do go through and clear things out if my browser starts to slow down too much and I'll even go through and clear most of the cookies from time to time.
I never really had that, It's always been super fast for me, then again after a while it removes old files for you.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I never really had that, It's always been super fast for me, then again after a while it removes old files for you.

I'm using Firefox and it's so bogged down that I'm seriously thinking I should move on to something that doesn't overload my system every few days. It's a nightmare.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Try Edge, it is a super quick, good browser since they moved to Chromium.

I had issues with Edge when it first came out but I might consider giving it another shot. I think at the time I tried it that it wouldn't let me fill out some important forms so I gave up.

Lifespot

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
FP$
I had issues with Edge when it first came out but I might consider giving it another shot. I think at the time I tried it that it wouldn't let me fill out some important forms so I gave up.
Yeah, it used to suck. They changed to Chromium some time ago and it is now a superb product.

Reactions: Lämmchen

HolisticStorm

Package Team Member
Package Team
May 2, 2021
FP$
I always delete my history, format my hard drive, do an ATA secure erase on my SSD, run a Gutmann, and smash the computer into microscopic pieces with a hammer for good measure when I've finished my browsing for the day.

Empire

Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I always delete my history, format my hard drive, do an ATA secure erase on my SSD, run a Gutmann, and smash the computer into microscopic pieces with a hammer for good measure when I've finished my browsing for the day.

Ohhhhhhhhh Dear god. Stay away from my PC you muppet :p

Carlos X

Addicted
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
I do. For those of you who don't - Imma drop some hard truths here:

You need to realize your "history" is like your file cabinet. And with that being said...

1.) Keeping it there is a system hog, kinda like Firefox. The files are small, but if you build up a cabinet full of websites, it drags your computer. Because it's caching in the background, so when you go to history, its right there for you to go back to. And the other thing to consider is your password is also cached... (cont. below)
2.) ...And, so if a hacker infects your computer with a virus.. your password is stolen. The hacker can do anything on your computer - including seeing your cached password.
3.) Most viruses look for "useless" files, or vulnerable files - that's why you update your computer frequently. You need to realize that your history files are the first thing the virus looks for, because it's just a piece of paper that says you been there. From here, its like a snake looking for a new host.

I wish I listened to my uncle on keeping the computer clean. My old computers were hacked a few times. I learned it the hard way.

• Agree
Reactions: ZandraJoi